OT: Where do you guys get your suits?

This is also referred to sometimes as a european cut or a fitted cut. I have to say, though, with a drop as large as yours... even these more tapered designs would need to be altered.

It's easy-ish to find fitted shirts here.... not so much with the suits. I use a tiny little local place that has a proper tailor.

Funny thing though... when I've tried to buy t-shirts and jeans etc, everything is ultra fitted/metro bullshit. But when you try to buy a suit, everything is like a balloon.

Im 5'11 180 and have a wide back, shoulder and broad chest. My chest looks bigger because I have a large ribcage. Nothing i can do about that its genetics, it has both its pros and cons.

The problem i have is i have a small waste, 31'-32' inches depending on the cut of the pants. So whenever i buy dress shirts because im wide up top and thin under the rib cage I always have to get bigger shirts for my upper torso. Due to this all my shirts have alot of fabric on the lower part that doesnt sit tighter to my body. It sorta pillows out. So even when i tuck the dress shirt in there always seems to be extra material that doesnt stay well tucked in.

Anyone else with that problem????

I get the shirts tailored at the bottom and they always fit and look much much better...

Good places for suit includes Bloomingdales mens department. You'll spend more but a great suit is an investment of. They tailor them there which helps alot. They also have alot of sales and you can get incredible high end suit for a great deal...

Also I dont know if you people have this store in a mall by you but Sararhas great mens suits. They also have incredible sales and also alot of buy 1 get 1 free on shirts and ties; 60$ shirts and you get another free. Incredible.. http://www.sarar.com/

hope some of these help.

I own one suit at a time because:

a) they always have to be completely recut and the tailor ends up costing damn near what the suit did.

b) they usually only last me 9 months to a year before I need to go back and have yet another one dismantled and pieced back together.

There's a sweet wholesale place near me that I go to. You need a referral, but once you're in, they keep you on record and you can go back any time. Very nice stuff for very nice prices.

Go to Thailand and get drunk with friends for two weeks. While you're there, buy yourself some tailor made suits and shirts, I'm very happy with all mine :)

On that note, I find it easy to get good fitting pants in the US, and almost impossible in Europe & Israel (ie. got stuck 3/4 up my leg)

Makes sense with the obesity of the average American, doesn't it?
I'm from Denmark (in Europe, yes) and I have these problems now. Seems the standard male pants and shirts are made for is a pretty skinny dude, so for a given waist measure, the legs will be slim as fuck. That sucks for me as my waist lost an inch or two after I started lifting properly, and my ass and thighs keep growing. I went from a perfect fit for 90% of the clothes on the rack to 10% or so. 205lbs. and a 32-33" waist just doesn't jive with the standard I guess.

With shirts it is all about the damn shoulders, chest and middle/upper back being too large, but really, I think the back is to blame... think about it: most people barely have enough muscle mass/strength there to keep them upright, so when you suddenly start putting on mass there, everything else goes wrong. Sometimes the neck is a problem too, but I don't think that'll be much of a worry until I've added another 15lbs. or so.

Back