OT: Where do you guys get your suits?

Brampton_Boy

Douchey Mc Douche
@red
Reaction score
I reckon alot of you guys are in a similar boat as me, in that I cannot for the life of me find a suit (or most clothes) that fit. It also doesn't help that I can't afford to get things custom made.

My problems: Relatively small waist compared to chest (33" and 51" respectively), no ass (I'm as flat as a board), but big(gish) legs.

I end up having to wear jackets that billow at the bottom :icon_cry2. Apparently tailors can only take in fabric up to a point.

I must find who makes james bond's suits, because mine never fit that great either

Buy jackets that button. It doesn't completely fix the problem, but it helps.

There are *some* athletic or tapered fit jackets out there....

What is your price range? If you can spend a little more money, find a good men's dress store. They should wide selection of suits and they will also have a good tailor.

I would also advice that you wait for a suit sale - it will save you a lot.

What is your price range? If you can spend a little more money, find a good men's dress store. They should wide selection of suits and they will also have a good tailor.

I would also advice that you wait for a suit sale - it will save you a lot.

This is also an investment. A suit should last much much longer than any shirt, pair of shoes, jeans, etc ever will. Comparatively speaking for how long a good suit will last it's not that expensive. For example a $1000 Brooks Brothers suit may sound expensive, and it is, but if you wearing it once a week (most likely more) for the next 5 years your getting 250 uses out of it. Well anyways you get my point I think.

I have to get my shirts taylored to fit around my neck.

Moores had an "ok" selection of suits for a moderate price, try them although you will be very limited on brands that will carry a cut for your build. Even then i had to get a larger suit then normal for my chest, and had to get it in an athletic, still not exactly where i would want it but i have really wide shoulders.

Jos Bank will do individual tailoring and then make the suit.

Does anyone know if they make shirts with arms longer than 36-37"??

Jos Bank will do individual tailoring and then make the suit.

As will most of the more expensive stores, Brooks Brothers, Ralph Lauren, and such. Even Men's Warehouse will tailor your suits (not as well) when you buy them.

Men's Warehouse will tailor your suits when you buy them. However, you can also take your suit after you buy it to a private tailor, who range the gamut. Ask your friends' girlfriends in your neighborhood about good tailors.

I just get mine from Banana Republic when they're on sale, then take them to the tailor my mom's been using for years and she fixes them up for me all nice.

Does anyone know if they make shirts with arms longer than 36-37"??
Jesus boy, but yes they do. I wear a 36" length shirt and I've got 4" inches (?) on you. Try JCPenney's tall + extra tall or Mens Warehouse. Amazon also has some but I hate digging through their site for clothes. Good luck getting one that isn't a tent though. They assume guys that big have guts. I have a few shirts that I would like to get tapered.

I gave up and I wear mostly short sleeves (apart from sweatshirts) year round. I'm also just a college student and not a real person yet though.

Its really funny to have a shirt with 36" sleves hanging next to a petit girl.

hahah
its funny i had this problem like 2 months ago i was going on a cruis and needed a suit they all looked so bad my sister and i didint eat in the formal room. it looked like i was doing a chris farley bit or wearing an old zout suit jacket. the two i bought were off the rack at macys i didint have them taylored and ended up returnig them im not a suit guy anyways

also dose anyone have problem with neck size and dress shirts i wear a large shirt and need a 2x neck

I have a very simple solution: I don't wear suits... If I need to dress up, I put on my black jeans, a good button down shirt, bolo tie, and my big belt buckle... Black hat if it's really high-falutin'... And I ain't kiddin', neither.

Yeah, I can't really get away with that.

* points at Erco *

My old firm made me wear a fucking suit every damn day. They finally relented (after everyone else went business casual) and let us go without a tie on Friday.

* points at Erco *

My old firm made me wear a fucking suit every damn day. They finally relented (after everyone else went business casual) and let us go without a tie on Friday.

What type of law do you practice?

Back