OSP is a very big guy up to 240 to heavys and Jones manhandled him

I see Jon losing to heavyweights outside the top ten.

My observation has been this. The people who moved up in weight and had the most success have broad stroke here... been guys who have the ability to insta knock out anybody on earth with 1 punch.

Possession of this 1 punch KO ability is not something you can train for and then add to your game. You are either born with it or not. Jon does not have this ability and he never will. The only way John can 1 shot KO anybody is with a pico fueled clean head kick or knee.

Jon fought tooth and nail to a decision with opponents that were dispatched effortlessly by other people cause those other people had the one shot KO power that Jon doesn’t.

Jon’s lack of KO punching power is causing him more and more problems. He is going to 5 round splits against people that are being KTFOed in the first round by lesser ranked guys simply cause they out strength Jon.

Jon’s lack of finishing ability in his punches is just going to be that much more of a problem at heavyweight. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is all an around dismal failure if he moves up... just like Luke, the Chris, jacare. Those guys weren’t successful when they moved up in weight cause they don’t have that 1 punch KO power and neither does Jon.

John sure as fuck isn’t taking any heavyweights down. He can’t even take down middleweights anymore. His only win condition at heavyweight is to dodge missiles for 25 minutes while landing his pitter patter poke shots that can’t even KO middleweights. His losing condition at HW is get touched by just one of those missiles by somebody like Francis and it doesn’t even have to land clean.

Last edited:
So only Jones manhandled him and no one else? :rolleyes:

Corey Anderson also manhandled OSP, and I'm not too keen on his chances at HW.
Sure
DimHarmoniousGyrfalcon-size_restricted.gif

i think both those guys were easily adove 225 in cage what do you guys think

It says the video isn't available when I clicked played.

Is anyone else having the same issue?

he weigth in bigger than stipe
So? Greg Hardy has to cut to HW and he's not beating any top guys. Skills pay the bills, and if guys are walking through your shots, that says a lot about how your power carries up. Stipe is one of (or has the most) the guys with the most KO's at HW.

Jones is going to have to prove it to us in the cage. You can't base what he is going to do in the cage off of other men's work. Apparently he's bulking up, so if he doesn't bitch out again, we'll see soon.

Mousasi whooped osp

This lol the score was 29-28 but the 1st round shouldve been 10-8 for Saucy and a 29-27 score hell 30-26 maybe even since OSP didnt do much in the 3rd which he won on the cards.

Saucy ragdolled him specially the 1st round had him in a crucifix and nearly finished early, was throwing him around too

We saw OSP at HW against Ben Rothwell and it was crap. Not a good fight, very sloppy

This lol the score was 29-28 but the 1st round shouldve been 10-8 for Saucy and a 29-27 score hell 30-26 maybe even since OSP didnt do much in the 3rd which he won on the cards.

Saucy ragdolled him specially the 1st round had him in a crucifix and nearly finished early, was throwing him around too
And he beat OSP on 8 fight win streak..right after the Mousasi loss he went on a 5 fight win streak in the UFC. That was probably when OSP was at his best. He slowed down after the Glover loss. Jones fought OSP on his decline

I see Jon losing to heavyweights outside the top ten.

My observation has been this. The people who moved up in weight and had the most success have broad stroke here... been guys who have the ability to insta knock out anybody on earth with 1 punch.

Possession of this 1 punch KO ability is not something you can train for and then add to your game. You are either born with it or not. Jon does not have this ability and he never will. The only way John can 1 shot KO anybody is with a pico fueled clean head kick or knee.
Bet you a million $$$ Jones has natural KO power. He just doesn't throw properly. He has no snap in his punches. He always focused on distance, keeping guys 84.5" away. Just throwing lazy punches is actually better for that.. kind of, because the strikes go faster and they're easier to throw and keep mobility with. That's not going to work at HW though because guys there all have 80+" reaches. They'll just eat his lazy shots and counter with power. Jones has to start throwing proper punches. But he definitely does have KO power if he punches right.

He's got everything else: speed, strength, explosiveness, height, length, cardio.. just a few of those put together would give him natural KO power. And he has all of them. EG -- the Diaz bros have KO power.. in round 4-5. Jones could have KO power by just peppering shots 84.5" away from gassed opponents. But he also has speed, strength and explosiveness which give you power in rounds 1-3-. All that put together.. i mean, unless his body is made out of sponges and packing foam, he obviously has KO power, in every round of the fight.

Saying Jones doesn't have punching power is like saying Struve doesn't have reach. Just because he doesn't know how to use it doesn't mean he doesn't have it. Struve has reach, he just can't use it. Jones has shitloads of punching power, he just can't use it. He's got to change that to succeed at HW.

i think both those guys were easily adove 225 in cage what do you guys think

OSP was cutting from 220 lbs back in 2011; Jones was 216 lbs in 2016. The failed drug tests marred this win for Jones because it begs the question of whether or not he was on PEDs.

Beyond that, the basis of your logic is laughable and this thread can't be salvaged.

I think this fight was before USADA too.
It was the first fight after Jones came back from suspension.
The first suspension. The second suspension was even bigger and after USADA,
C'mon Sherdoggers, there's this thing called Wikipedia that has all this information, smh.

This fight was Jones return from the hit-and-run incident, post-USADA, but pre-failed drug test for PEDs; Jones would end up failing his first drug test with USADA for clomiphene and letrozole leading up to UFC 200 about three months after this fight.

it was short notice for both guys not just Osp
Jones and Cormier were scheduled to fight each other on this card, but Cormier had to pull out due to injury and OSP was a last minute replacement; so no, it was not short notice for Jones, he had a camp unlike OSP.

Last edited:
Saying Jones doesn't have punching power is like saying Struve doesn't have reach. Just because he doesn't know how to use it doesn't mean he doesn't have it. Struve has reach, he just can't use it. Jones has shitloads of punching power, he just can't use it.

is saying you have it but don’t know how to use it really any different than saying you don’t have it at all? If you own a guitar but you have no idea how to play guitar... do you have guitar playing ability just because you own a guitar?

maybe that’s a bad analogy or maybe not. I personally think John doesn’t have the power you claim he has at all. He’s been in this sport for over a decade at one of highest profile camps. After all these years and after all his experience and hours in training he never ever leaned “how to use it” as you put it?

He just simple chooses to throw his baby reach pokes because he has a safe pussy fighting style... n it’s probably the right style for his body type but I don’t see it working well at heavyweight... considering it’s starting to not even work anymore against journeymen middleweights

Back