• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Oscar De La Hoya's open letter to fans to not support the UFC/WWE-fication of boxing

Because anything can happen in combat sports. Don't be an ass.

All it takes is one mistake to get clipped.
well nothing is stopping jennifer lawerence from walking into my room right now and fucking me, either. theoretically, it could happen. but i'm not going to shave my nuts in anticipation, am i?

and the odds of conor catching floyd are lower than that.

I hate McG as much as anyone, but the man is a very skilled fighter. The only reason this fight isn't happening under MMA rules is because 1) Floyd is a coward who knows his legacy would tarnished when he loses and 2) there is more money to be made in boxing..
3.....Connah is beyond shit on the ground,he could be embarrassed by Mayweather.

Mayweather defeats McGregor. RNC 2m 45secs R1.

Anyone who pays 100 dollars to see this exhibition squash match is a fucking moron.

Let's face it. The McGregor era of UFC is the WWE era of MMA. It's all about trash talk, fight matches based on storylines than merit, and PPV sells. The most recent UFC press conference kicking off the summer fights was so cringeworthy bad. Guys throwing punches, guys with double digit losses talking shit and calling themselves killers, guys just saying shit for crowd reaction. Everybody wants to be Conor McGregor, but it's WWE that has clearly influenced McGregor with his Ric Flair-like antics, cutting promos, and walking like Vince McMahon. Now this VIRUS is attempting to spill into boxing. I agree with the golden boy here. Do not support this bull shit.
Why so many idiots think that WWE owns the concept of trashtalk, loud press conferences, flipping tables etc. WWE are the worst in terms of trashtalk. In fact they suck at it. Lmao, even low quality UFC skype call with 50% time of someone translating to English is more exciting. If you claim that it is WWE era you either never watched WWE and have no idea what do they stand for or you only watch WWE and are completely brainwashed by their bullshit

And WWE matches are rarely on what sells lol. Most of their main events in recent history are for close buddies of WWE managment. Just check the names of people who were main eventing major ppv's in the last 2 decades. Literally major titles were bounced between 3-4 people until very recently. What sells for WWE these days is the fact that they have 0 competition in US.

Everybody wants to be Conor McGregor? Nice projection. Tito Ortiz also wanted to be Conor McGregor. Or Frank Mir. Or, wait Ronda Rousey must have been copying Conor all her career. Maybe Stipe is also trying to be like Conor with all those knockout victories? After all, Conor invented them. And how about Mike Tyson? Classic Conor rip-off

Rocky also retired when he was 32 and cried after he beat Louis the best thing Floyd ever did was avoid dangerous fights and wait until Manny slowed down.
Touché. Rocky was a real legendary human being.

well nothing is stopping jennifer lawerence from walking into my room right now and fucking me, either. theoretically, it could happen. but i'm not going to shave my nuts in anticipation, am i?

and the odds of conor catching floyd are lower than that.

The bottom line is these guys know zero about Boxing, all they have been exposed to is MMA, and so they are confusing this with an MMA match. Boxing is far more predictable than MMA; how else does a guy like Mayweather go undefeated for 2 decades? Or a guy like Roy Jones go undefeated for 12 years? That's inconceivable for MMA fighters because it is a very different sport.

Which is to say nothing of fhe fact that MMA fighters are actually fighting guys from their own sport when those unexpected wins happen; not a low level amateur who has been doing some other sport.

It feels a bit like this:

test-your-stupidity.jpg

Total circus. In WWE you at least don't know who will win in advance.

Seriosly, $100? Fucking lol.

Back