• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Oscar De La Hoya's open letter to fans to not support the UFC/WWE-fication of boxing

Anyone who's a fan of boxing should be pissed the fact this stupid fucking fight might take place is a fucking joke. Floyd breaking the record that him and Rocky Marciano shares with a win over glorified club fighter is a disgrace to boxing. Conor will go in there get embarrassed collect his money and retire this will probably hurt MMA alot more then boxing but Floyd will still have that 50-0 record.
To be fair, Floyd is 5 years younger than Rocky was at his death. It's not like Marciano beat Joe Louis in his prime, that record isn't sacred. And I looove Marciano, his fights hurt me to watch, heart like a lion too. But Floyd is smart, and part of being smart is protecting yourself to fight longer.

With all the problems that boxing has, this can only help it

McGregor blessing the Boxing game

To be fair, Floyd is 5 years younger than Rocky was at his death. It's not like Marciano beat Joe Louis in his prime, that record isn't sacred. And I looove Marciano, his fights hurt me to watch, heart like a lion too. But Floyd is smart, and part of being smart is protecting yourself to fight longer.
Rocky also retired when he was 32 and cried after he beat Louis the best thing Floyd ever did was avoid dangerous fights and wait until Manny slowed down.

200px-Oscar776823.jpg

Came here to say:

Would
I'm in. What's great is I know he can take a punch while he is getting banged out.

I agree with everything he said there and I think McGregor's chances are close to 1 in 1,000.

But shit man, like a moth to a flame I am going to watch it. And I'll still watch Canelo vs GGG too.

He wants no part of it but can't stop Canelo from doing it

Lol that's why his promotion company flew GGG the weekend of the fight and they did the press conference immediately after right? Sit down kid.

These guys are mad that two grown men made a choice to fight each other for the enjoyment of others..

People are acting like they are fighting for a belt lol

More crying from boxing about MMA, who knew?

Also Conor is not the p4p best. Jack Slack can name ten better than him or MM.

1) boxing is already corrupted as hell
2) conor is not p4p #1 in mma
3) who cares if they fight

It's going to be embarrassing for boxing. A bunch of MMA people will be watching this fight as well as a bunch of casuals. They'll see Floyd running way more than he did vs pacman. Clinching for the reset and avoiding the fight while out scoring mcgregor. Mcgregor will be cashing this man around the first 4 rounds and will eventually tire out. He might not even get a hit on him. But this fight will kill boxing for sure. It will opens everyone's eyes as to why they don't watch boxing. Boxing is lame and it's not a real fight. I'm pissed I have to watch this shit

Can anyone say BUTT HURT

Angry little man who isn't getting a cut of the pie.

Oscar's harboring bitterness deep down in his bum soul. McGregor, an MMA fighter, will make more money than he ever did vs Floyd. Boxing is dying because the cherry picking and because MMA is more realistic. Don't blame someone else for your own problems. This was a bitch move.

Last edited:
He's right.

The fight is a joke.

I'm a big fan of Floyd but I am not supporting this wwe match up
It's pretty much

1 - Conor isn't even anything special in mma, won against Aldo/Mendes, Bravo. Ran away and didn't defend his belt against Edgar.
2 - Got smashed on the feet by Diaz and turned into a panic wrestler and then barely beat him in the rematch
3 - Now thinks he is worth 100m when he's worth a max of 20 probably. The rentals are good way to make his deluded fans think he is worth 100m and then he can ask for 100/100 split against Floyd. Dana will obviously act like Conor is making 60/70 so the ufc and conor can act like he is something big.

The fight is just for Floyd to make money, not even Conor, Floyd will make 70, Conor will make around 25, Dana will make some easy money too screwing over WME because it's not like his friends own the ufc anymore.

Floyd will carry Conor for a few rounds, Conor will gas, Floyd via TKO 9, both hug and kiss like it was some amazing fight like Gatti/Ward.

In a straight up boxing match, the mid tier levels amateurs in Ireland would beat Conor.

<45>

Back