• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Oscar De La Hoya's open letter to fans to not support the UFC/WWE-fication of boxing

If he had a piece of this pie he'd be hyping it everywhere.
Fa real.......Imagine Coker pleading fans not to buy a UFC card because "it will ruin our beloved sport". Sounds like a broke ass bitter bum to me. It's one freakin' fight for crying out loud!

Conor is good at punching and landing punches. Fighting isnt golf.
Iwo

This fight is like if the world champion triathlelete competed against the world champ in swimming, biking or running. It would not be remotely competative.

I agree with the statement but Oscar is just salty he isn't cashing out, he's previously hyped Canelo vs. Macgregor LOL

That being said, I will watch it illegally<Goldie11>

I think Oscars real issue is that he thinks Conor has a chance because Floyd is getting old. And if Conor beats Mayweather, that kind of discredits everything Oscar has done. It would mean that an 0-0 boxer beat the guy that beat him.

He's just salty as fuck.

Because anything can happen in combat sports. Don't be an ass.

All it takes is one mistake to get clipped.
floyd rarely makes mistakes, he perfected his style of boxing. What makes conor better then cotto, alvarez, Pacman in boxing? Serious question

How many buys did Ggg last fight do. Exactly.

Boxing is dead

This fight may bring it back to life to show what's possible

There's nothing going on in the fight game. We need this fight!

What a bitch. Millions of ppl want to see it. Its the biggest fight going right now and could be the highest PPV ever. Conor will do a lot better than these boxing guys think...with their "sweet science" BS. Its a fight. Conors a champion fighter...not some bum on the couch.Anything can happen.

I guarantee you though if Conor catche him and wins. Thats the final nail in the boxing coffin thats already in its grave.

Boxing ain't even close to its grave. It's having a great year globally actually.

But this farce will not be good for boxing or MMA. Because its a FARCE. Conor will simply chase Floyd around the ring throwing haymakers as Floyd dodges everything. Then everyone will boo, feel ripped off, and move on..

Its still combat sports. Hopefully conor puts pressure on him like pac promised he would. McG has sick fight ending power. If a fluke ko can happen in mma it can happen in boxing.
what was I thinking .. you're right. Conors awesome footwork, cardio and heart will determine his finish when he k.os floyd in the second

lol @ at him saying Conor is fucking #1 P4P fighter in MMA. Oscar is about the same level as casuals... him saying that and likely many boxing fans believing him shows what amazing shit marketing can accomplish.

The guy who just went 1 being finished/1 close decision against Nate and then beat the most obviously "lucky to be in the right place/right time and given a title shot in hopes that he'd win so Conor could fight him" LW champ in the history of the sport is the #1 P4P... who is absolutely terrified to defend against any #1 contender.

Fa real.......Imagine Coker pleading fans not to buy a UFC card because "it will ruin our beloved sport". Sounds like a broke ass bitter bum to me. It's one freakin' fight for crying out loud!

Heck even Dana White admitted this fight was not good for his sport. Give Oscar a break..

Imagine if Conor really KTFO May... i'm far to think that it will happen, but if it will...

<36><36><36>

To me it read like he was actually hyping the fight

Back