Oscar De La Hoya vs. Manny Pacquiao

I'm not saying Oscar sucked at 147, I'm saying he was not the killer he was at the lower weights, same as with most any fighter who makes such class jumps, Mosley, MAyweather... Oscar isn't immune.

Oscar hasn't been really impressive for quite a while.

Once Oscar moved past 140, he started to lose. He WAS NOT the fighter he was at the lower weights.

Meh. Losses or not, you can't really compare Ruelas or Paez to Mosley and Trinidad. What about his two victories over JCC, his win over Camacho, Quartey, Whitaker etc. etc.

Meh. Losses or not, you can't really compare Ruelas or Paez to Mosley and Trinidad. What about his two victories over JCC, his win over Camacho, Quartey, Whitaker etc. etc.

I don't think he beat Whitaker personally. Whitaker got screwed (especially losing a point for the accidental headbutt that did nothing). I don't put much stock in his voctories over JCC either. Chavez had no chance really. That being said, I agree with your basic premise here. His win over Vargas was pretty impressive as well. Vargas was roided up and still a very legit threat at the time.

I'm not saying Oscar sucked at 147, I'm saying he was not the killer he was at the lower weights....

I think come fight time, we will both agree that Oscar is more of a killer than Pac at 147. My buddy was at their press conference today and said the size difference was laughable. I figure Oscar will be closer to 160 on the day of the fight.

I was truly surprised to see almost nobody picking Pacquiao. I can't believe a weight difference makes everyone forget how Oscar fades in any fight, not to mention his "poor" (poor for Oscar, I'm saying) performances lately.

Styles make fights... No fighter can look their best in every fight. Take the case of Manny vs Marquez... He could have lost that one. But I don't think you have acknowledged that even once yet. Oscar came relatively close to beating Floyd recently, and although didn't look great, showed some of the ability that will be necessary in beating Pacquiao. You keep alluding to the size difference, and figure we are all picking Delahoya for that reason alone. In actuality, there are MANY reasons why Delahoya deserves to be the favorite in this fight.

Never known Roach to bullshit? Google any interview with him and tell me any of its the truth.

LMFAO

True... Roach is like a great many trainers that will throw their fighters to the lions for a paycheck. If he thinks Pac will KO Oscar, he's delusional as fuck... Or a bullshitter... Or both....

I don't think he beat Whitaker personally. Whitaker got screwed (especially losing a point for the accidental headbutt that did nothing). I don't put much stock in his voctories over JCC either. Chavez had no chance really. That being said, I agree with your basic premise here. His win over Vargas was pretty impressive as well. Vargas was roided up and still a very legit threat at the time.

I was going to include the Vargas victory as well but most people dismiss it citing that Vargas just wasn't the same after losing to Trinidad.

I was going to include the Vargas victory as well but most people dismiss it citing that Vargas just wasn't the same after losing to Trinidad.

I don't know how people can dismiss that fight. I've heard it before as well , but to me it's ridiculous. Nobody can argue how good Vargas looked in that fight. It was actually a great fight.

But you can compare how dominant he was.Oscar demolished everyone from 140 down, 147 and beyond, not so much. IMO, that makes it fair to say he was most dominant or at his peak at the lower weights. Nothing wrong with wins over Chavez Genaro and ruelas etc...
Losing to Trinidad... sure hes a more respected fighter but its still losing.

Well i suppose everyone agrees that Manny will KO DLH since no one wants to bet.....

Chavez was at 140 wasn't it? If that fight was at 147, I guess I'll have to say I'm wrong. I thought it was 140.

That win over whitaker was controversial and Camacho is no better on your record than Hernandez.

This fight is a total missmatch. DLH is too big, too strong and too skilled.
Freddie Roach is crazy to put in Pac's mind that he has chances to beat DLH.
He might get a % on his purse, thats the only reason imo...

Manny is my favourite (biased due to being filipino) but Oscar just seems too big and it looks like an unfair advantage for him. I'll just have to wait and see.

Pac Man is one of my favorite boxers, but he's going to sleep in this fight.

Nope, not interested. What hell will break loose if he wins? He'll be a richer guy going back down to 135, fighting the guys he should be fighting now, and hopefully not too screwed up from the hiuge adding and dropping of weight. Meh.

not intersted my ass,with all these replies from you on this topic makes you sound like an idiot.you just cant wait for pac to loose thats what it is! what a joke.your a joke son

Chavez was at 140 wasn't it? If that fight was at 147, I guess I'll have to say I'm wrong. I thought it was 140.

That win over whitaker was controversial and Camacho is no better on your record than Hernandez.

No. You're right, it was at 140.

Back