Opinions, GSP trying to finish fights?

krpv23

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
When GSP fought Condit he looked way more aggressive than previous fights, specifically I'm talking about his striking; he could have pressed Condit against the cage a lot more, but he didn't; he could have went for more takedowns, but he didn't. As we all know Condit is a dangerous striker and GSP decided to aggressively strike with him, and I can say that hasn't been the case in some of his most recent fights.

I believe what George said about regaining his passion for mma and I think that's why he's looked more aggressive. And I think he will surprise a lot of ppl by how he fights Diaz.

I really liked the 1st 3 rounds...GSP was throwing out some heavy looking punches.

ah, he had condit in trouble a few times with some big shots, them saved him with a takedown and let him recover.

He was getting there, but still didn't go after the finish

I believe he is safety first and doesn't actively pursue a finish

When GSP fought Condit he looked way more aggressive than previous fights, specifically I'm talking about his striking; he could have pressed Condit against the cage a lot more, but he didn't; he could have went for more takedowns, but he didn't. As we all know Condit is a dangerous striker and GSP decided to aggressively strike with him, and I can say that hasn't been the case in some of his most recent fights.

I believe what George said about regaining his passion for mma and I think that's why he's looked more aggressive. And I think he will surprise a lot of ppl by how he fights Diaz.

I believe GSP felt he needed to strike with Condit, mainly in order to soften him up a little bit so that he could try and take the fight to the ground.

I still don't think GSP will go out of his way to go for the kill. Even if he hurts his opponent by being aggressive, that's not necessarily the same thing as going for the finish.

Which I have no problem with by the way

This. I don't think he doesn't know how to finish. I think he refuses to do so if it in ANY way could mean he loses the safest position possible.

He just came back from an injury but I expect him to try and finish all other opponents from now on. :icon_lol:

He very well may have finished Condit if he didn't get kicked in the head. He was mauling Condit but then after the head kick I thought it leveled out and the rounds were closer. I think that hes gunna for sure finish Diaz in his next fight though. He's hungry again and he'll be looking to finish Diaz for sure.

well he did have condit in trouble quite a few times (but chose not to finish)

he also brutalized fitch in a fight many thought could have been stopped on several different occasions
and he was definately trying to finish Hardy

I feel he does try to finish fights most of the time. Only against Koscheck and to a lesser extent Shields I felt he could've pushed himself more.

There was one part in the Condit fight that annoyed me though was when he had Condit trapped against the cage. Condit was just covering up as if he were hurt or tired GSP could've easily flurried on him but instead took him down :icon_lol:

No question about it. And people get on his case about it but he is the most dominant fighter in the history of MMA (although Jones may one day take that title). Sure it would be nice to see him have a bit more of that killer instinct, but continuing to win and staying champion means a ton of money continuing to come his way, so I don't think anyone should fault him too much.

For the Condit fight I was impressed with his performance

I think people should stfu about GSP point fighting. Do you think he was point fighting when he was trying to rip Dan Hardys arm off? He's fighting top of the line competition, moreso than anyone else in mma period right now. Not going to be easy to stop someone at that level. You should admire his dominance and stfu

No question about it. And people get on his case about it but he is the most dominant fighter in the history of MMA (although Jones may one day take that title). Sure it would be nice to see him have a bit more of that killer instinct, but continuing to win and staying champion means a ton of money continuing to come his way, so I don't think anyone should fault him too much.

Well, I could see critiquing it.

MMA was set up to see who the best fighter was. What I can tell from GSP, he use to be one of the best fighters until the fear of God was put into him by Serra. Now he simply wants to be the best point-fighter, much like the Olympic wrestlers he trains with.

It it is impossible to not respect him for his athleticism, but I don't see why one is not allowed to critique his fear of losing the money and sponsorships.

I think people should stfu about GSP point fighting. Do you think he was point fighting when he was trying to rip Dan Hardys arm off? He's fighting top of the line competition, moreso than anyone else in mma period right now. Not going to be easy to stop someone at that level. You should admire his dominance and stfu

GSP himself stated he played position with Hardy. He noted his technique was no properly utilized.

Lol fans waiting for the return of the GSP of old who finishes his opponents are like people who are hoping and longing for the second coming of Jesus Chris.

I agree. GSP when he is aggressive is EXTREMELY exciting to watch. I like watching his fights no matter what, but a pissed off guns a blazin GSP is fuckin incredible to watch perform. The way he beat Fitch to a bloody pulp was a thing of beauty.

He just does not getting hit hence maintaining a distance via jabs and closing the distance via double leg and ground control with limited striking.

When was the last time GSP was within a pocket range? I think never since he fought Serra.

GSP is going to beat the living hell out of Diaz if the fight actually goes down. I think he will beat Nick like Nick beat BJ.

He just does not getting hit hence maintaining a distance via jabs and closing the distance via double leg and ground control with limited striking.

When was the last time GSP was within a pocket range? I think never since he fought Serra.

GSP has stood in the pocket plenty of times since Serra.

Back