OPINION: In today's MMA, we no longer will see long standing dominant champs

I agree.

Reasons:

- Better coaches and better gyms.
- Evolution of the sport.
- Usada

863173eb46f4a0e573fbcda48efb9945.jpg
Is that his next opponent?

Anderson, GSP, and Fedor wouldn't have had long eras like they did if they was in their prime today imo

They would be champion and probably defend but not like they did in their respective era's

What each one of them was good at would still work in this era too. Fedor in his prime would fight everywhere and was lighting fast at that weight, that still fares pretty well today.

Silva would beat some before they evn entered the cage, pin point counters and a good enough bjj game to survive.

Gsp would fight you wherever you're the weakest. He also had good enough wrestling to hang with really good wrestlers.

Imo, they would all lay waste to their respective divisions even today.

It's not like Robbie was some technical genius...

What each one of them was good at would still work in this era too. Fedor in his prime would fight everywhere and was lighting fast at that weight, that still fares pretty well today.

Silva would beat some before they evn entered the cage, pin point counters and a good enough bjj game to survive.

Gsp would fight you wherever you're the weakest. He also had good enough wrestling to hang with really good wrestlers.

Imo, they would all lay waste to their respective divisions even today.

I'm not saying they wouldn't be successful or even champs. I think Anderson would for sure. But if you think Anderson would defend his belt 11 times today, if you think Fedor would go 10 years undefeated and GSP wouldn't lose a single round in today's MMA you are nuts

LOL...

Sherdog ever hating on the little people. The two lowest weights have very dominant champs.

War... Joanna, and MM !

f749ce3b-d524-4936-a7b2-aade161e39b4_text.gif

Mighty Mouse and Dom.

Wonderboy has the potential as does Jacare & JoAnna.

We will see them when elite enough fighters emerge. Robbie Lawler did not look like a GSP or Silva in any of his title fights.

None of the champs who have lost recently have looked like they would be dominant. Lawler, Rockhold, Holly, Tate...none of these fighters have looked like they would hold onto the belt long. Weidman's the only guy I thought would go on a run. Wonderboy looks like he might.

Last edited:
He's coming off two 10-8 rounds against the greatest MW of all time!
Two 10-8 rounds?
Are you talking about his fight against Silva at UFC 148? Because if you are, you need help. That 1st round was 10-9. The 2nd was going in Silva's favor and Silva was winning that round. Invest in Fight Pass, it may help you not look like a complete fucking idiot.

Two 10-8 rounds?
Are you talking about his fight against Silva at UFC 148? Because if you are, you need help. That 1st round was 10-9. The 2nd was going in Silva's favor and Silva was winning that round. Invest in Fight Pass, it may help you not look like a complete fucking idiot.

Chael had two 10-8 rounds against greatest MW of all times end of story. Bisping the current MW champ couldn't do that to silva, and weidman the former me champ needed freak accidents against silva

Hell the current LHW champ couldn't even do that to silva! But Chael did it!

I'm not saying they wouldn't be successful or even champs. I think Anderson would for sure. But if you think Anderson would defend his belt 11 times today, if you think Fedor would go 10 years undefeated and GSP wouldn't lose a single round in today's MMA you are nuts

Fedor is probably the only one that would have trouble cause 10 years is a long time. I could easily see the other 2 happening though, they're thinking fighters, what they did wasn't by chance.

Chael had two 10-8 rounds against greatest MW of all times end of story. Bisping the current MW champ couldn't do that to silva, and weidman the former me champ needed freak accidents against silva

Hell the current LHW champ couldn't even do that to silva! But Chael did it!
When did he get a 10-8 rounds twice against Silva in their second fight?

Back