OPINION: In today's MMA, we no longer will see long standing dominant champs

Dude wtf? Were you even watching these fights or just researching them after you found out cm punk started "training UFC"
No, I watched them. And I ask again, when the hell did Sonnen get two 10-8 rounds in their second fight? Stop avoiding the question. Chael won the first round, but that wasn't a 10-8 round.

Oh BTW, Chael is 0-3 in title fights. Well, you think he got two 10-8 rounds at UFC 148 so you probably think he beat Silva twice and Jones too. Fucking wackos these days.

No, I watched them. And I ask again, when the hell did Sonnen get two 10-8 rounds in their second fight? Stop avoiding the question. Chael won the first round, but that wasn't a 10-8 round.

Oh BTW, Chael is 0-3 in title fights. Well, you think he got two 10-8 rounds at UFC 148 so you probably think he beat Silva twice and Jones too. Fucking wackos these days.
Wtf does jones have to do with anything. We are talking about MW and how Chael is the ONLY fighter to get two 10-8s from the goat MW

Wtf does jones have to do with anything. We are talking about MW and how Chael is the ONLY fighter to get two 10-8s from the goat MW
Still not answering the fucking question. Get Fight Pass and STFU.

Lol get fight pass. Further proof you just learned about these fights
Says the white belt. Been watching since 2004. You saying Sonnen won two rounds via 10-8 in a fight where he clearly got a 10-9 in the 1st and lost the 2nd even before the finish shows that you lack MMA knowledge. I would go in on you more but you're a lost cause.

Says the white belt. Been watching since 2004. You saying Sonnen won two rounds via 10-8 in a fight where he clearly got a 10-9 in the 1st and lost the 2nd even before the finish shows that you lack MMA knowledge. I would go in on you more but you're a lost cause.
He slaughtered him with 10-8s in the first fight and won 5 of 7 rounds against silva. In fact except for the choke he wine 6 of 7 rounds with two 10-8s over the greatest MW of all time

Daniel Cormier couldn't even do that after resigning for jones against a silva who was vacatioing

He slaughtered him with 10-8s in the first fight and won 5 of 7 rounds against silva. In fact except for the choke he wine 6 of 7 rounds with two 10-8s over the greatest MW of all time

Daniel Cormier couldn't even do that after resigning for jones against a silva who was vacatioing
Yeah but guess what...... DC has a fucking W over Silva, Chael doesn't. Instead Chael got two zeros. And Chael lost the 1st fight when he was on the juice. Pathetic fighter who has pathetic fans such as yourself.

MMA is too tough on the highest levels. Everyone in the top 5 is elite now. The game is changing and evolving too fast to stay on top for a long time. 2 or 3 title defenses is the top level expectations. The days of Anderson Silva and GSP like era's are done
It's over it's done and things will never be the same. The world has turned upside down it's gone crazy.
We are in uncharted waters, God help us we are scared.

I think a major problem is that the evolution within the sport has stagnated.

It takes a special combination of factors to really be a dominant champ. The main thing that our past dominant champs had was innovation. Anderson was innovative with his striking. So was Jon Jones. GSP was innovative with his game planning and S&C. Cruz was innovative with his footwork.

But whenever people see success, they imitate it. Now everyone fights the same way for the most part. It's all the same with slight nuances. But there's nothing really surprising or unpredictable. So the odds of the fights going either way are increased. It's just about who is better on that day.

MMA is too tough on the highest levels. Everyone in the top 5 is elite now. The game is changing and evolving too fast to stay on top for a long time. 2 or 3 title defenses is the top level expectations. The days of Anderson Silva and GSP like era's are done

Jones? unbeaten his whole career and had 8 title defense, MM has 8 and Aldo just finished his and ended on 7. There have always been elite fighters in the top 5 and it hasnt changed or evolved in that aspect. In the UFC there have only been a few dominant champs......Anderson, GSP, Aldo, Jones and MM who have gone past 7. Tito had 5, Chuck had 4 and a few guys have 3.

If anything the opposite is happening, for the first 15 years (titles came in around 96) of the UFC the most dominant champ was 5 and 4 defenses, after 2010 is when all the dominant champs came along. Belts changed hands back then just as fast, if not faster then they do now. It just happens that the fighters who can go past 7 are one in a decade type fighters. You're gonna have the next guy that will defend many times, it just rare in every era.

Yeah but guess what...... DC has a fucking W over Silva, Chael doesn't. Instead Chael got two zeros. And Chael lost the 1st fight when he was on the juice. Pathetic fighter who has pathetic fans such as yourself.
Lol

Back