Ontario school board accused of pressuring teachers not to teach ‘racist’ To Kill a Mockingbird

Can we stop pretending now? It's all pretending, and I'm tired of it.

To me that book was a triumphant story highlighting the importance of justice within the system. But it's been awhile.

Wow, I remember reading the book and watching the movie in my all black class of freshman year of high school. Guess times really are different.

I never knew they taught this book in Canada. I thought it was an American thing lol. It wasn’t taught in any of the schools I went to.

My guess is that a bunch of women on the school board do not like the part where it is revealed that a woman lies about being raped and a man is wrongly punished because of her lies. It is not the best story for students to be reading in the #MeToo and #BelieveAllWomen era. We can't have students thinking that not everything a woman says is true and sometimes they have ulterior motives.

To me that book was a triumphant story highlighting the importance of justice within the system. But it's been awhile.

It is not triumphant at all. It is basically about a woman who lies about being raped and a man who dies because of her lies. #BelieveAllWomen

It is not triumphant at all. It is basically about a woman who lies about being raped and a man who dies because of her lies. #BelieveAllWomen

Homie don't win the trial? Hmmmmm. But he fought through adversity to try the case, yeah?

The left will soon be organizing book burnings and sing kumbaya around it.

Books i read in HS:
To kill a mockingbird.
A clockwork orange with original final chapter.
A modest proposal.
Canterbury tales.
Hobbit.
Romeo and juliet.
Mandingo
Boys from brazil
(This shit was all required reading).

My fuck if these pussies had to read all of these. Just give a disclaimer it contains offensive shot no longer used in todays world but is reflective of the time....so you can learn.

Teaching components of english lit or history through a pink lense will not prepare you for real life.

I never thought of the book as promoting racist ideals. I thought it was seen in a favorable light by progressives?

You don't think the hard left deals in nuance do you?

The book has the N word in it. Therefore it is racist.

Lol at all the white people who are upset that their kids wont get to read a hateful and demoralizing book about black people. Guess you're just going to have to teach them how to hate the old fashioned way.

You used to be a better poster.

At least thats what I vaguely remeber.

My guess is that a bunch of women on the school board do not like the part where it is revealed that a woman lies about being raped and a man is wrongly punished because of her lies. It is not the best story for students to be reading in the #MeToo and #BelieveAllWomen era. We can't have students thinking that not everything a woman says is true and sometimes they have ulterior motives.

Bingo.

Winner.

Back