Only one way McGregor wins the fight...

That's his style. If he is not successful in headhunting, he will proceed with losing the fights.

The guy just doesn't have other tools to win.
He never reaches and over extends like he did against Nate. He looked bad in that fight relative to his other fights.

I've said it literally since the fight was happening, I said it real time, minutes into the fight when Conor was winning. He didn't look like he usually does in that fight. He was plodding forward, there was no real defensive footwork, he looked slow trying to move out of the way. It wasn't the same conor we've seen before.

Nate wins again. Did you dummies not see the first fight?

I do agree that Conor's best chance to win is by KO whether it be with a kick or punch isn't that important to me. However, the idea that Conor's hands aren't as good as Nate's don't hold too much water. Conor was able to connect repeatedly with good, hard shots until he gassed. Nate is extremely tough but hes slow and has poor boxing fundamentals. He isn't exactly a hard target and I really never understand why they get so much praise for their boxing when there are a lot of better boxers than them in the UFC.

EIther way, I believe that Nate will win again. Not because hes a better boxer, but because hes more durable and has more than one way to win the fight.

He never reaches and over extends like he did against Nate. He looked bad in that fight relative to his other fights.

I've said it literally since the fight was happening, I said it real time, minutes into the fight when Conor was winning. He didn't look like he usually does in that fight. He was plodding forward, there was no real defensive footwork, he looked slow trying to move out of the way. It wasn't the same conor we've seen before.

I'm sorry but you seem to not getting it :) When your opponent is not worse or better than you skill wise, you will NEVER look dominant against him. You can have your best night/best condition/best whatever -- it just won't help. Their second fight will just showcase this more since Diaz will come prepared.

tumblr_lrhmmdjzfl1qg0rnuo1_1280.jpg

Congenital heart defect.

If the last few months havent made u realise that any top 10 on there day can beat the champ then there is no hope for ya.Look at Bisping for an example ,pillowfisted guy supposedly knocks the champ out in the first round.

I actually think conor is more skilled standing then nate.I agree with firas on why conor gassed though not because of his conditoning but because he is a front runner.And he bought into his own hype that no one could stand with him for long and when nate was still in his face and talking to him it broke him mentally.

I do think it will be interesting to see how conor has adjusted his camp this time round sparring with big rangey boxers hopefully they have been talking to him etc to get hm used to it,its normally just him talking to guys

Conor's best chance is to improve his wrestling. Nate's only bad loss was to Thompson who is much more versatile than Conor. All of Nate's other losses were against wrestlers who were able to lay and pray on him.

Just because Nate caught Conor on the button and rocked him doesn't mean he's a better mma boxer.

Conor is a better striker over all, it's simple minded to think highlight reel ko is his only way of winning.

simple minded is sherdog,

but seriously, all he has to do is what he did the whole first round where he lit up Nate, and not get discouraged if it doesn't get a finish, which im sure he won't since he's been in there with him once, Jesus this fight is intriguing...

I'm sorry but you seem to not getting it :) When your opponent is not worse or better than you skill wise, you will NEVER look dominant against him. You can have your best night/best condition/best whatever -- it just won't help. Their second fight will just showcase this more since Diaz will come prepared.
it's not true that you will never dominate someone as good as you and it's not necessarily true that these guys are that evenly matched soooooo

it's not true that you will never dominate someone as good as you and it's not necessarily true that these guys are that evenly matched soooooo

let's see on August 20th. I have other pointers that Conor will lose, but I'll just leave them for myself out of pure curiosity.

Just because Nate caught Conor on the button and rocked him doesn't mean he's a better mma boxer.

Conor is a better striker over all, it's simple minded to think highlight reel ko is his only way of winning.

You may not agree, but it's a valid opinion. I don't see how Conor wins without a KO/TKO. I don't think he has the tank to win the championship rounds on points. I don't see him surviving long on the ground and would expect it to end up there a few times over a hypothetical 5 rounds. I think Conor knocks him out in the first two or is finished again. Granted, unlike some, I do think he has the power to KO Diaz.

As for who the better striker is - I'm fine giving Conor that nod. The numbers say he's slightly more accurate on a slightly higher volume. He's also the heavier hitter.

The way to beat Nate is already out there. Conor doesn't have the tools to take him down or grind him out against the cage, but as someone else mentioned, Nate is particularly vulnerable to leg kicks on his lead leg.
sweeptheleg.gif

If his kicking game is on point, he could conceivably chop up Nates lead leg, which would take away much of Diaz leverage on punches. Then he would be able to get away with pot-shotting him and perhaps out-pointing him.

not a muay thai kicker- doesn't have that rhythm or background in generating the type of power needed for effective muay thai kicks.

too light on his feet, too dependent on unpredictability.

Just so you guys understand, this is a muay thai leg kick

upload_2016-8-4_15-56-53.png

Conor said that Muay Thai is outdated- he only throws karate (savate, kyukoshin, etc.), TKD, and capoeira kicks and most of them are bullshit filler space-creating crap.

Back