1. top 6-10 win (Mir, Bigfoot, Barnett)
2. top 5 win (Arlovski, JDS, Cain)
3. ???
4. Title fight / PROFIT

1. Sign Fedor
2. ????
3. Immediate Title Shot = PROFIT

Doesn't work that way, breh.

3 years retired, last 3 wins against Ishii, Monson and Rizzo?

Maaybe an immediate top5 win and than a title shot, even that sounds far fetched knowing Fedor and Dana.

And I'm a Fedor fan, but let's be real.

Building fedor? That man was 10 !??!! Years invincible and 7 no 1 .finaly He want his crown back. Tune fight for Fedor? Would be bs.. Just go for the title fight!

Doesn't work that way, breh.

3 years retired, last 3 wins against Ishii, Monson and Rizzo?

Maaybe an immediate top5 win and than a title shot, even that sounds far fetched knowing Fedor and Dana.

And I'm a Fedor fan, but let's be real.

Dana is a salesman, Lorenzo is a businessman. In this business, there are exceptions, and I believe this is one of them.

So let me get this straight--- you're upset that the consensus #1 all time heavyweight is getting fast tracked to a title shot?

Ok.

I do realize that the UFC could just sign Fedor and have him fight for the title vs Werdum right away but frankly that would further degrade the Legitimacy of the UFC. Fedor lost 3 in a row in SF and then won 3 vs Monson, Ishi and Rizzo. Those 3 wins 3 years ago do not justify a title shot if the UFC is supposed to be the Major Leagues.

There was one fighter recently who was an accountant who started an MMA career only 3 years ago (at age 29), and still got a title shot. Yea, Major leagues.

Well, in defense of Cain and Anderson they are the former champs. A rematch clause or instant rematch is regular practice in the fight game.

Fedor is also a former champion...of multiple orgs and sports.

So let me get this straight--- you're upset that the consensus #1 all time heavyweight is getting fast tracked to a title shot?

Ok.

I think you are missing one key point. I am not upset at Fedor getting an immediate title shot vs Werdum if that happens but I think a lot of people on Sherdog forget the fact that the MAJORITY of people have no idea who Fedor is at all. Anderson Silva came in to the UFC with a huge reputation as a great WW/MW striker but they still had to build him up by giving him a fight vs Chris Leben a more known fighter in North America. Most of the "Casuals" who are the ones that put PPVs over the top don't know Fedor at all. They need to see him take out some names which is why I suggested Dan and Big Foot then Wedrum. Hell most people don't even know who Werdum is for that Matter! LOL

I think you are missing one key point. I am not upset at Fedor getting an immediate title shot vs Werdum if that happens but I think a lot of people on Sherdog forget the fact that the MAJORITY of people have no idea who Fedor is at all. Anderson Silva came in to the UFC with a huge reputation as a great WW/MW striker but they still had to build him up by giving him a fight vs Chris Leben a more known fighter in North America. Most of the "Casuals" who are the ones that put PPVs over the top don't know Fedor at all. They need to see him take out some names which is why I suggested Dan and Big Foot then Wedrum. Hell most people don't even know who Werdum is for that Matter! LOL

Things were a LOT different ten years ago. MMA has grown. People won't know who Fedor is but a few advertisements saying "best MMA fighter of all time coming out of retirement!!!" will have people tuning in.

Bigfoot, Werdum, then title fight with Andrei Arlovski :D

It doesn't matter if it's a title shot or not, I'll surely be watching

It would be great, but it's not going to happen.

Arlovski wanted the first crack at Fedor, set up that rematch, winner gets Werdum.

Last I heard Cain is getting an instant rematch, with no shortage of viable contenders, after holding the division up for 2 yrs, and then getting beat in dominant fashion once he did fight.

You were right. I was wrong.

Back