Only Legitimate way Fedor gets titleshot

"Degrade the legitimacy of the UFC" has never been in front of the promotional dollar. James Toney, Brock Lesnar, CM Punk, Royce vs Hughes, there are any number of examples of shit that would sit there on the shelf next to giving the best HW in history an immediate title shot.

Cain getting a rematch right away is a joke. AA vs Werdum has some history and AA has climbed the ladder again. Cain looked poor and has been battling injuries for a few years, as you said. Not to mention Cain is big in Mexico and they ruin all that with a 2nd loss to Werdum.

Its going to be interesting to see if they announce the HW title fight before ufc 191 with AA vs Mir. If they dont announce anything before this card, they are waiting to see if AA wins.

They are being very quiet about HW. Werdum, Cain, Rothwell, Stipe all with no fights and then you have the whole Fedor thing. Guess they are waiting to see how it all works out. I am sure they have an agenda

"Degrade the legitimacy of the UFC" has never been in front of the promotional dollar. James Toney, Brock Lesnar, CM Punk, Royce vs Hughes, there are any number of examples of shit that would sit there on the shelf next to giving the best HW in history an immediate title shot.

royce vs hughes wasnt for the title though. Toney and couture wasnt for a title,and brock was definitley carefully guided to a title shot but they couldnt get in the ring for him. he had to win.

Cain getting a rematch right away is a joke. AA vs Werdum has some history and AA has climbed the ladder again. Cain looked poor and has been battling injuries for a few years, as you said. Not to mention Cain is big in Mexico and they ruin all that with a 2nd loss to Werdum.

I must've missed something; AA is inexplicably booked to fight Mir afaik.

UFC 200 should be Fedor vs (whoever is current HW champ)

at least 2 wins.Something like,1st fight Mir or AA and 2nd fight JDS or Cain.

He's going to get annihilated in the cage whether he gets a title shot or not.

royce vs hughes wasnt for the title though. Toney and couture wasnt for a title,and brock was definitley carefully guided to a title shot but they couldnt get in the ring for him. he had to win.

1-1, being finished once and decisioning a shot Heath Herring, is about as comfortable road to a title shot as you're gonna find. Not to mention the guy he fought for the title was 45 yrs old, hadn't fought in a 1.5yrs, and was giving up 50lbs to Brock. The UFC made the waters as warm as they possibly could for Brock.

So, what TS is really saying is, he wants the UFC to PRETEND to give Fedor a legit title shot instead of just coming out and giving him one plain-faced.

Fight with Dan won't happen and I don't like matching him up against Bigfoot as it's a bad match-up stylistically. Maybe give him the winner (or loser) of Nelson vs. Barnett on the New Year's card.

I don't see how Hendo could make HW unless going on that chessburger diet, the last time he fought at LHW he weighed in at 199lbs

Its going to be interesting to see if they announce the HW title fight before ufc 191 with AA vs Mir. If they dont announce anything before this card, they are waiting to see if AA wins.

They are being very quiet about HW. Werdum, Cain, Rothwell, Stipe all with no fights and then you have the whole Fedor thing. Guess they are waiting to see how it all works out. I am sure they have an agenda

I believe you are right, could depend on Fedor.

I must've missed something; AA is inexplicably booked to fight Mir afaik.

I know. That's a fun fight, but AA beat Browne & Bigfoot, which are the combined highest ranked opponents anyone of the current HW contenders has beat, hence it should've been AA vs Werdum 2, imo (also because of the things previously mentioned).

I agree except of Hendo, although a rematch without early stoppage might be fun.

Bigfoot II should be a great tune up and winnable. Also maybe the best possible way to make a Bigfoot fight highly marketable at this point.

Followed by another fight against a higher caliber guy to "earn a title shot" maybe. Maybe one of the "now or never!" fights like Overeem, Mir or Barnett finally.

I'd go for Werdum vs. AA in the meantime if AA beats Mir, as this leaves possibilities for the further Fedor agenda:
If Fedor wins 2nd fight -> winner of AA/Werdum for the title.
If no 2nd Fedor fight -> loser of AA/Werdum as rematch to earn a title shot against winner of AA/Werdum.
If Fedor loses 2nd fight -> loser of AA/Werdum as profitable non-title rematch.

Only thing I dislike is how this discussion excludes many contenders like Cain, JDS, Stipe or BigBen who in the meantime might gather one or two significant wins to make a point. Then again, it's Fedor...

It's all about money, legitimate has nothing to do with it.

Why would the UFC risk Fedor losing before giving him a big money fight?

There are only three opponents for Fedor in the UFC that will generate the most one-fight money, Cain, Jones, and Werdum. If he fights in the UFC it will be against one of those.

Back