Only Legitimate way Fedor gets titleshot

dipstickjimmy

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I do realize that the UFC could just sign Fedor and have him fight for the title vs Werdum right away but frankly that would further degrade the Legitimacy of the UFC. Fedor lost 3 in a row in SF and then won 3 vs Monson, Ishi and Rizzo. Those 3 wins 3 years ago do not justify a title shot if the UFC is supposed to be the Major Leagues.

What would be interesting IMO would be to market Fedor as the former Killer who is coming back and is looking to Avenge his 3 losses (overlooking his first one with the cut). All 3 of the men who beat him are still in the UFC and would be great opponents for Fedor to climb his way to the title. Facing Dan Henderson and winning would be a great tune up, then taking on Bigfoot Silva and if he wins, Werdum. If Werdum still has the belt then a titleshot and if he doesn't and Fedor wins you could justify a titleshot vs Cain or JDS or whoever has the belt at that time.

I dont think theyll do it. How long would Fedor hang around if he won the title in his first match? theyd sign him to some kind of "yeah just try and retire before we say and see what the fuck happens" kinda contract.

And the upside is that if any of them are to defeat Fedor, that just ups that person's stock. From the UFC's perspective, that is.

I don't think Dan would take a rematch.

I don't think Dan would take a rematch.

i seriously doubt they even do it,unless Fedor loses a few,and will Dan even still be fighting by then? Fedor has to be worth more to them than Dan at this point? why bother with this fight now?

Fedor can't fight for the title; he's not coming off a loss, a la Gus, Diaz, Chael, Cain, Anderson...

A win against Hendo does nothing for Fedor. All it does is ease the angst of his fanboys.

Fedor can't fight for the title; he's not coming off a loss, a la Gus, Diaz, Chael, Cain, Anderson...

Cain doesn't belong on that list.

The UFC is a promotional company. They put on the fights that are in their best interest and fans want to see. This is how the fight and promotion game works

Well, in defense of Cain and Anderson they are the former champs. A rematch clause or instant rematch is regular practice in the fight game.

Actually, I agree, not for the legitimacy of the belts(which they sold down the river a long time ago). 3 yr layoff going straight into a fight with Fabricio Werdum is not wise from neither a financial or chance-of-winning perspective. Give him a Mir type as a tune-up, then move onto Werdum(belt or not).

Fedor needs a tune-up fight before fighting for the UFC belt. Can't be rusty in there against the best. Why not make him vs Mir, a beatable, yet dangerous opponent with a name. Or Bigfoot. If he loses, then we know he's pretty much done on the very highest level. If he wins, rust is gone and at least there's some other appeal than seeing a great come back.

I think 3 fights against 3 dangerous opponents means Fedor will likely lose and there goes "Fedor fights for the UFC belt!!!" out the window. 1 is enough considering his status.

They always go on about boxing not making the best fights at the right time, when they in turn rush the big fights and take the anticipation out of it.

They are not going to pay Fedor the Anderson Silva money he is looking for and then risk him getting beat by a fringe top 10 HW. IF they sign him he is getting an instant title shot. And I would be perfectly fine with that.

A win against Hendo does nothing for Fedor. All it does is ease the angst of his fanboys.

Cain doesn't belong on that list.

Last I heard Cain is getting an instant rematch, with no shortage of viable contenders, after holding the division up for 2 yrs, and then getting beat in dominant fashion once he did fight.

Last I heard Cain is getting an instant rematch, with no shortage of viable contenders, after holding the division up for 2 yrs, and then getting beat in dominant fashion once he did fight.

If this happens it will be ridiculous. Finally there are some new contenders and threats to the title and we cant see those fights cause they want another rematch.

I think it's smarter to give Fedor a tomato can first. I assume it's a multi fight deal, and they can build him a little to get some recognition first before a title shot

If he gets 2 top 10 wins, I wouldn't be opposed to it. I don't think he can do it though and likely wouldn't even try.

i likey this idea.

Last you heard, huh?

Let's stick to facts. Like I said, he doesn't belong on the list.

If Fedor demands a title shot or says he will sign with Bellator, y'all know they will give Fedor the title shot in the modern day MMA landscape

Cain getting a rematch right away is a joke. AA vs Werdum has some history and AA has climbed the ladder again. Cain looked poor and has been battling injuries for a few years, as you said. Not to mention Cain is big in Mexico and they ruin all that with a 2nd loss to Werdum.

Back