News One step close to THE Fight. Abdelaziz urges Ferguson to accept the fight.

If khabib said january youd all bitch about it not being in december.

When he beats tony youll all abandon him,says he was never good,and jump on justin or gsps bandwagon

Yes it's good news that everyone seems to have put the GSP thing rest. There are more interesting fights to make IMHO.

The GSP thing hasn't been put to rest. Not even close.

There was actually a time when fighters (even champions) fought with some degree of regularity.

Imagine that.
Was that before or after the time posters like you were defending Conor while he was setting the record for longest non-defense in the history of the sport?

The GSP thing hasn't been put to rest. Not even close.

At least for now... a couple of weeks ago both of Beebs managers were talking about GSP fight, thank god they are not anymore.

Baroni, I'm gonna respond to the first message first, because Nightgunner also posted this.

Well he said,
Khabib : "After this fight he's gonna go back to boxing".

Conor : After Mayweather fight I made a lot of money I could have retired.

Khabib: You come here for money, I come here for legacy.

From this:
I don't see him criticizing Conor taking the Mayweather fight, but he's criticizing him for focusing on money.
Would you not say that Khabib going after Mayweather is him focusing on money? Getting beaten up in a boxing match by Meayweather would have hardly done anything for Khabib's legacy.

I don't blame any fighter for going after a money fight, but it was definitely hypocritical of Khabib to criticize Conor of it and then turn around and try to do the same thing.

Would you not say that Khabib going after Mayweather is him focusing on money? Getting beaten up in a boxing match by Meayweather would have hardly done anything for Khabib's legacy.

I don't blame any fighter for going after a money fight, but it was definitely hypocritical of Khabib to criticize Conor of it and then turn around and try to do the same thing.

When he spoke about that potential Mayweather fight, he never mentioned money. He mentioned being unbeaten and Mayweather being unbeaten and wanting to test his boxing skills against the best.

In his latest interview that I translated. He was asked about McGregor fight and said that McGregor rematch would definitely bring him more money than Ferguson fight, but Ferguson deserves it more and McGregor doesn't deserve a rematch yet and that he won't fight him unless he wins some fights.

That shows that he turns down a huge money fight to fight a higher skilled opponent and a more deserving opponent.

When he spoke about that potential Mayweather fight, he never mentioned money. He mentioned being unbeaten and Mayweather being unbeaten and wanting to test his boxing skills against the best.

In his latest interview that I translated. He was asked about McGregor fight and said that McGregor rematch would definitely bring him more money than Ferguson fight, but Ferguson deserves it more and McGregor doesn't deserve a rematch yet and that he won't fight him unless he wins some fights.

That shows that he turns down a huge money fight to fight a higher skilled opponent and a more deserving opponent.
Them being both unbeaten means nothing. If Khabib really wanted to test his boxing skills he could have challenged any of the millions of unbeaten professional boxers out there and a lot of them would have accepted. He went after Mayweather specifically because he knew it would be a big money fight. Mayweather is also not the best boxer out there at this time so that argument doesn't make sense at all.

Him fighting Ferguson is the right thing to do. Conor at this point doesn't deserve a rematch, but lets not act like Khabib's principals are iron clad. He in my opinion has been shown to be swayed by money just like any other fighter and that was the whole point of my argument.

dVmJmGe.jpg
Best thing is.. I first laughed and was like "Nice shoop" and then I was like... is it, though??

Them being both unbeaten means nothing. If Khabib really wanted to test his boxing skills he could have challenged any of the millions of unbeaten professional boxers out there and a lot of them would have accepted. He went after Mayweather specifically because he knew it would be a big money fight. Mayweather is also not the best boxer out there at this time so that argument doesn't make sense at all.

Him fighting Ferguson is the right thing to do. Conor at this point doesn't deserve a rematch, but lets not act like Khabib's principals are iron clad. He in my opinion has been shown to be swayed by money just like any other fighter and that was the whole point of my argument.

It was actually Mayweather who started the whole Mayweather vs Khabib fight hype.
I think Khabib was playing along that whole thing during his negotiations with UFC to negotiate a better deal.

Once again, Conor doesn't deserve it, but UFC wants it and it's a big money fight that Khabib declined. Why did he declined it and wants a lesser money fight instead? How many other UFC fighters would say no to a red panty night ? :)

Of course he is not fighting for free, but money is not the main thing that motivates him.

Best thing is.. I first laughed and was like "Nice shoop" and then I was like... is it, though??

Might be real, this guys has a weird head :D. Looks like a polished dinosaur egg :p

If you believe a word that guy says, you're insane. He literally might be more untrustworthy than Dana.

Sure, he's a manager and he's supposed to spin things in favor of his fighter and generate money, but the guy is a charlatan.

The 'tripped by a wire' thing is asinine to bring up if you don't qualify if with tiramisu directly after - they both fucked up, so it's best just to move on instead of point fingers. I don't believe getting Tony to sign anything is difficult if it's for a title shot, it's getting the specifics of when, where, who and for how much Khabib wants to fight next.
Honestly missing weight is worse for me . the wire thing was a freak incident missing weight is just bs. (granted i dont know the circumstances around his camp)

1. responded above.

2. There are different interpretations about MMA in islam, I'm not a muslim, but I understand that most theologians in islam see MMA as haram. Training MMA is not haram, but competing in it is. But I know there are also some religious "scholars", or whatever you call them, within islam who accept MMA. So basically there are different interpretations within islam about combat sports. I think the warrior- and combat sport culture of Caucasus plus martial arts traditions in his family get prioritised ahead of his religious beliefs in regard to this.

3. Smashing people, what's wrong with that? It basically means beating someone dominantly in the context of MMA. It's very mild, soft-core trash talk by todays standards.

4. In an honour culture you have to retaliate for disrespect to your family, religion, country and personal assaults. By Caucasus standards, Conor got away with a slap on the wrist :D. So yes there's a principle of upholding your and your family's honour, which he did. 99% of people in Russia don't judge him for what he did, many American's don't do either. He didn't put anyone in danger besides Dilon Dannis and Conor.

5. From Tonys story on Helwani show, I understood it was some dudes from Khabib's team. Not Khabib himself. In any case a douche move.

6. Artem was talking shit to Russian media, calling Khabib a pussy and a coward, Khabib confronted him about that slapped him around and showed who the real pussy is. (This is some high school BS, but hey it's MMA fighters not rocket scientists). Also this goes hand in hand with the principle of upholding your honour and punishing people who talk shit about you.

----

So, to answer your question. I would only condemn the #5, if and only if, it really happened the way Tony Ferguson tells it.

The post fight brawl was great, I was applauding and cheering during the whole thing :D. Admit it deep down inside you loved that too ;).

Thanks for detailed and intelligent answer.

2- I understand they do, but still it's contradictory to Islam, which devoted follower he claims to be.

3-Smashing people is haram in Islam - you shouldn't harm another person for no serious reason,
especially for the sake of entertainment.

4- It's ok to protect honor. And he did it with the win.
But for his team's brutes to sucker punch Conor is still very low and illegal.
Brawl they started in such a large arena may have led to big brawl and lot of people to get hurt.
Khabib and his team were overtaken with Ego, Pride and Bloodlust over Reason.

5- Agree. Also heard a lot of caucasians like to intimidate people like that.

6- No problem with that. But do it 1:1 , not confronting with a team of 10 dudes against 2.
Douche move going everywhere with a gang of hothead fanatics, who are ready to jump
anybody anytime anywhere.

Yeah, i liked brawl as an MMA fan and liked irish idiot fan to get KTFO.
But it was dangerous for people inside, women, seniors, kids.

Last edited:
Back