Social One of Dave Rubin's open minded guests finds out that he's gay after their interview.

You debunked your own theory when you got to lesbians not filling the protector role that gay men do, whereas lesbians fit in fine with the Gay Uncle Hypothesis. They don't have children, but can still help raise their nieces and nephews, ensuring their genes survive.

Can't you come up with a better name than that though? People were also bringing it up in some super shit, stupid as fuck Mayberry LGB thread.

One infertile specimen raising more infertile specimens, is not necessarily a good idea, from the perspective of "biological survival".
*smh*
You keep making confusing an individual's survival strategy with a species survival strategy.
From an individual's perspective, being homosexual is not advantageous to passing on the individual genes, but from a species perspective, having a *small* portion of the population out of the mating pool can have advantages, especially in a very social species.

Can't you come up with a better name than that though? People were also bringing it up in some super shit, stupid as fuck Mayberry LGB thread.

Any suggestions? That's just what I've heard it called.

I have to admit, I find the entire debate about how biologically unnecessary gay people are to be really strange. Not everybody needs to produce. In fact, many people should not reproduce. Some of those people who should not reproduce choose to reproduce anyways, and that's a bad thing for society.

Our species has moved far beyond the point of reproducing simply out of biological necessity. We are at the point now where finding abundant healthy food sources could become a serious issue, and already is a serious issue in many places in the world. Our population has skyrocketed out of control in the last 100 years.

You could make the argument that homosexuals serve the "biological need" for the our species to slow down reproduction. It's likely a good thing if 3% (or whatever it is) of humans have no biological drive to reproduce. Being that those people, in America, tend to have high incomes, they could also serve the societal need of adopting some of those unwanted children from the more biologically capable (but mentally and emotionally incapable) people.

I have to admit, I find the entire debate about how biologically unnecessary gay people are to be really strange.

It would seem there are ulterior motives. It's not something I'm even necessarily bothered about considering I'd have two sons if not for a miscarriage with the second child, but I can't completely separate G from B anymore and that's been reinforced by... this and other semi-anonymous web spaces, funny enough. I'm gradually becoming more and more aggressively defensive.

Yeah @Kafir-kun I can't even imagine being a Muslim poster on a place like this. It definitely gives you a different perspective and I've really backed the fuck off on a lot of rhetoric for that reason. There's more productive ways to share and eludicate concerns.

The homosexual genes are more likely present in their straight relatives, but not expressed in their sexuality or behavior, so the gene isn't going away just because gay people aren't reproducing.
Irrelevant to my point.
I could see a time in prehistory where either homosexuality or some other infertility mechanism in small percentages of the populations would be advantageous in large enough groups. Your uncles and aunts help with all the hunting and gathering, but their efforts would concentrate towards you instead of being diluted among your cousins, giving a small number of individuals a great chance at survival instead of a large group a smaller chance of survival. There seems to be a correlation between the number of children a couple has and the likelihood that the later siblings are homosexual, which would support the theory. It would be interesting if you could control for the effect of homophobia in western cultures. Perhaps the biological advantage of homosexuals uncles and aunts is more pronounced in cultures that do not socially ostracize them from their original families.

Homosexuality is also displayed differently in different species. There are other animals that have observed homosexual individuals in the population and there are interesting theories about the purpose that it might serve as part of a holistic approach to species survival. Human homosexuality genes are probably more helpfully considered at the species level rather than the individual level.
I more robustly refute the illogical nature of this argument in the Mayberry thread starting here:
https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/151613941/

Thats fucked up.
And why didn't Rubin correct him real time? He was obviously disparaging gays by comparing homosexuality to crack addiction and homelessness.
Did you just ask why Dave Rubin doesn't have any sort of spine?

That's his entire brand.

Yeah @Kafir-kun I can't even imagine being a Muslim poster on a place like this. It definitely gives you a different perspective and I've really backed the fuck off on a lot of rhetoric for that reason. There's more productive ways to share and eludicate concerns.
So, basically, your don't find it as easy to shit on Muslims en masse after you actually know one in particular?

Well, golly gee, who could have ever imagined such a thing?

So, basically, your don't find it as easy to shit on Muslims en masse after you actually know one in particular?

No, that isn't what I was referring to nor have I ever really "shit on Muslims en masse". My (harsh) criticisms have always dealt with it from the perspective of implementation as a political ideology but sometimes strayed into hyberbole as far as the threat presented to western societies.

Yeah this place can really wear on you after a while if you let it. To be fair I have embraced my identity through my gimmick more so than you have so perhaps its somewhat more understandable that I get some grief over it.

I have to admit, I find the entire debate about how biologically unnecessary gay people are to be really strange. Not everybody needs to produce. In fact, many people should not reproduce. Some of those people who should not reproduce choose to reproduce anyways, and that's a bad thing for society.

Our species has moved far beyond the point of reproducing simply out of biological necessity. We are at the point now where finding abundant healthy food sources could become a serious issue, and already is a serious issue in many places in the world. Our population has skyrocketed out of control in the last 100 years.

You could make the argument that homosexuals serve the "biological need" for the our species to slow down reproduction. It's likely a good thing if 3% (or whatever it is) of humans have no biological drive to reproduce. Being that those people, in America, tend to have high incomes, they could also serve the societal need of adopting some of those unwanted children from the more biologically capable (but mentally and emotionally incapable) people.

Yep, and a gay man doesn't need to pass on his genes if his brother does--that's "close enough" for evolution, and that's more likely to happen if they aren't fighting over the same mate.

This explains the fact that boys who have older brothers are far more likely to be gay, there seems to be a biological response by the mother to not add to many straight males to a tribe due to the conflict it may create.

No, that isn't what I was referring to nor have I ever really "shit on Muslims en masse". My (harsh) criticisms have always dealt with it from the perspective of implementation as a political ideology but sometimes strayed into hyberbole as far as the threat presented to western societies.
I mean... are you sure? My memory isn't that great, but...

I mean... are you sure? My memory isn't that great, but...

I'm pretty certain I have always made the distinction between ideology and faith, between Islam and Muslims as individuals. I've also never not been on very good terms with Kafir, it's always a productive discussion even in disagreement. He's entirely worth my time.

Yep, and a gay man doesn't need to pass on his genes if his brother does--that's "close enough" for evolution, and that's more likely to happen if they aren't fighting over the same mate.

This explains the fact that boys who have older brothers are far more likely to be gay, there seems to be a biological response by the mother to not add to many straight males to a tribe due to the conflict it may create.

Perhaps this is what happened with your little bro, @Al Gorithm.

Did you just ask why Dave Rubin doesn't have any sort of spine?

That's his entire brand.

I had no idea, I've only seen like 2 or 3 episodes of his show and that was because of Brett Weinstein.
I knew Rubin was a can, but I didn't know he was this bad.

I had no idea, I've only seen like 2 or 3 episodes of his show and that was because of Brett Weinstein. I knew Rubin was a can, but I didn't know he was this bad.

He was always shit but has gotten regressively worse. I liked the Jerry Coyne guest feature and a couple others from the science sector of academia, but he mostly provides a platform for an assortment of right-wing psychos including various people who view him as some kind of subhuman and never, ever has the spine to "exchange ideas" and defend himself. Or he's being paid off to not do so. Either way, it's fucking trash.

Yeah this place can really wear on you after a while if you let it. To be fair I have embraced my identity through my gimmick more so than you have so perhaps its somewhat more understandable that I get some grief over it.

Yeah, and there's a lot more that I post about whether its history, geopolitics, industrial tech, energy or the US manufacturing sector but for the last few months like half of my content has been tied up in sexuality bullshit and having to point out, "Hey, trannies are different and this is why" everyday. I don't like that at all, it isn't fun.

Back