One more Gladiator mouthguard for me!

Hello John,
Our site has done only 3 other product reviews, not shown on the news files since the archives are only about a year old and was a new addition to the website and if you note the website has been up since 2004(early January). We have reviewed and compared Gloves (Ringside Vs. Fairtex), Handwrapping methods and protective cups, as you can see all Fighter oriented. Just like I told you in the email where you said the exact same things.
What prompted the review? The same thing that prompted to do the database free of any charge to the people that use the database on a monthly basis without being billed, to support MMA.
I just joined sherdog and as a matter of fact I only joined to put the post up about doing the product review. I am sorry my account was created just intil now but I rarely come here as I am usually post at MMA.tv and have been a member there since 1999 (since my antiguity looks to be so important)
I came to sherdog because I am looking for as much feedback as I can on all mouthguards and I really dont count on posting here too often as I also dont post to often at the other forum either. I am glad I did came here because on the other forum you said the mouthguards were the same and that the only difference was the price and here Ive found out that its not the case. Not saying its better or worse since I havent compared them yet but here I see its different.
I also mentioned my partner who is supporting this project as a way to hopefully validate us being unbaised as I thought he was a better know than me but guess not (Rodolfo Gamez -initial promoter of Combate Libre now matchmaker).
I also post under my real name and have mentioned my partner's name so other than what I have already said I guess there is really no other way to convice you of our validity. In anycase some interested parties (just a few) do know who we are and will be interested in the review.

I have no realtionship with YOU, TOM or JOE.
It is very wierd you keep bringing these same questions along with Bobbie Quinn (very nice person from your office) telling me that the product review was no longer necessary because biteme was no more. It seems as you do not want me to do the review. I already told Bobbie that I was very impressed with your mouthguard and it felt like nothing I had ever worn before but everytime you try to demerit me I do get the impression that the other mouth guard must be better or that you are affraid of something and I am now really anxious to see what the big deal is. I have not even recieved the other mouthguards If that is any indicator of the relationship between Me and Joe or Tom.

I hope I was able to answer all your questions and rest assure that we will be impartial, please just sit back and relax. If you have any other questions feel free to contact us at: [email protected] as I mentioned I hardly come here and when I do its usually just to check on the mouthguard threads.

BTW, your join date is Dec 2005, fat_wilhem's is Nov 2005..... I think THAT is what is really "fishy". -Marcus Fiola

Now that's what I call taking the gloves off!

Marcus Fiola said:
BTW, your join date is Dec 2005, fat_wilhem's is Nov 2005..... I think THAT is what is really "fishy". -Marcus Fiola

Marcus, if you don't like the implications, don't try implicating me w/o just cause. I went through the same thing you are going through now, so I understand what you are saying. Your second post was very informative w/ regard to who you are, and that answered any questions that I may have had. Surely, you understand some of the original scepticism after your first post, however, w/ the sudden influx of threads about mouthguards, companies breaking up, etc. and then you showing up to say that you'll be reviewing all manufacturers soon.

That said, I was only leary then, and am not now. Like I mentioned, I think you did a good job explaining who you are and what you do.

If you want to accuse me of something, why don't you go back and read my first posts when I brought up Gladiator as another option to Biteme and Opro in an objective, third party manner? Then, read the subsequent posts where I was attacked w/ accusations by Jamison. You'll find that John joined after reading/hearing about the attacks on his company and product quality. I had nothing to do w/ his joining Sherdog, nor had I ever talked to him before he joined. (Edit: FYI, Jamison pm'd me after the whole original debate and I have nothing against him. He was very cool in the message and I understand why he questioned my 1 post.)

The only contact I ever had w/ him to that point was the single email I quoted in my original post. Yes, I like my mouthguard, but I also considered Biteme and Opro when I was deciding. I have no doubt that the other manufacturers are very good and the decision really came down to price and ultimate confidence that a Gladiator would serve my needs as well as anything.

Whatever conversations you had w/ John or his associates via email or phone is between you and them. If you still think that I'm involved w/ something "fishy" just because I purchased and reviewed a product, then all I can say is "fuck off and leave me alone." You'll notice that I post on a great deal more topics than just mouthguards.

So, for the second time in three months... I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH GLADIATOR MOUTHGUARDS.

With all due respect guys this argument really has no place on this board. We appreciate the update on the company but this bickering and flaming really does not belong here. If you really want to continue it please find another forum or try email, I for one am tired of it enought company drama has already taken place over these boards we dont need anymore. Thanks for understanding and feep making great products for us.

John. I'm suprised you would make the assumption that there is any existing relationship with Myself or Joe for that matter with fighterline.com. I've only ever spoken with Marcus and never Rodolfo. Bite Me broke up January and a new company was formed.A lot of people knew before you did. The fact that there is no product for them to compare is based on my coversation with you and how you told me that you were not going to do any type of review. I extended my hand in friendship to you and agreed that I would not participate in the review either as I felt it would be unfair for your company only for the fact that I offer differnt types of guards above and beyond yours. My mistake. Only later to find out that you indeed were participating in the review despite what you had told me. I don't mind if the review states the difference in kit delivery times based on this. I haven't received ANY questions from Marcus so am I to assume that becuase you have there is an existing relationship with Marcus and Rodolpho? John, I respect you but please stop insinuating that Joe or myself are up to some sneaky scheme and that the review would be anything else than unbiased. I personally think that would NOT benifit the people that will be interested in custom fitted mouthguards or fighterline.com reputation if the review was based on any "existing relationship" and not the products themselves. In your own words. Bite Me and Protech are not your enemies. It's the boil and bite companies.

Tom the guard they recieved from me was purchased and I was not aware that the purchase had been made until after the kit was shipped. Also I was told that you had already sent them a kit. If you say there is no relationship then that is good enough for me. I would truely like to see them include an opro and the popular wipps and shock Dr's rather than continue to compare two or three companies that have less than 1% of the market why not compare these guards to the companies that control 99% of the market.

Thanks John. I just wanted to clear that up. I think adding some other companies like those would be a good idea.

Well in that case it wouldn't be much of a "competition" would it?

It's like the Yankess-Red Sox vs I dunno, the Devil Rays?

sorry to distract form the bickering going on here, but i really want that design in lime green, same, but lime green..now the hard decision..what company to go with..and i weigh 225 right now, but plan on competing in mma at 205..

I think at that weight, the general concensus here is you go with the biggest one with max protection. LHW is generally considered to be the start of the big boys (especially considering how most cut weight to get there anyway)

So what are these differences in philosophy that lead to design changes between competeing companies? I need a new guard or two and am wondering what are the design differences and the reasons for them.

perfy said:
So what are these differences in philosophy that lead to design changes between competeing companies? I need a new guard or two and am wondering what are the design differences and the reasons for them.

Inovation is leading technology in the direction of a better product. Tires used to be made out of wood before they were rubber and stone before that. It was inovation that inspired the use of newer and stronger materials into making a better products.

out of all mouthguard companies i have heard that gladiator is a few steps above the others. when i get the money i'm definately going to get one.

hockeyfacekilla said:
out of all mouthguard companies i have heard that gladiator is a few steps above the others. when i get the money I'm definately going to get one.
Where did you hear this? Please provide a source where someone has said gladiator is better than anyone.

yeah, i was bout to say the same thing, but really didnt feel the need to get in a pointless argument with someone

Back