One-Hundred Things I Can Do Better for Training in 2013

Keosawa

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Today's Christmas, and soon, it'll be 2013. I've been thinking, for a while, to put to paper 100 things I feel I can do better in 2013. The reason for the number being so massive (100 as opposed to ten, or five, or even one) is that I thought 100 things would make me focus down to the very details of my training and my life surrounding my training.

I encourage you to try it, if you'd like. Here's my list:

One-hundred things that I can do better in 2013, in no order:
1. Make sure I leave for my training sessions on time, not twenty minutes late.
2. Don

Well. Im not going to repeat this :)
But nice goals keo. Posts like these prove how dedicated you in trying to get better

So curls and leg extensions for the new year?

lol indeed, but I made sure to say "simpler," not "simple."

Well. Im not going to repeat this :)
But nice goals keo. Posts like these prove how dedicated you in trying to get better

Well, the goal isn't to prove my dedication (see #s 30, 31, and 34). But doing a list like this has helped me look at my training at a micro level. It's easy to say, "I want to squat X pounds next year," but how are you going to go about achieving this? Each of these one-hundred things is, hypothetically, really easy for me to accomplish. If that's the case, then I should be able to manage all of them. And if I can do that, the cumulative effect will be immense.

So curls and leg extensions for the new year?

Basically, yes. At least, more of them from the zero I do now.

Great thread, looking to do something similar for BJJ, but not sure I can narrow it down to 100.

I'll be watching to see how the leg extensions go. I already know that bicep strength is imperative, so the curls will obviously be beneficial, but what about huge Dimas sized quads?

I'll be watching to see how the leg extensions go. I already know that bicep strength is imperative, so the curls will obviously be beneficial, but what about huge Dimas sized quads?

Those crazy Greek weightlifters and their leg extensions! :D

Wow.

This thread is probably a demonstration of how you are different than most people.

Good luck with all 100 of your 2013 goals, broheim.

Yea, I actually try not to think to much about my own training.
And just lift things up and put them down as I have planned for the week

61,73 and 98 are good ones. You are one dedicated man.

Awesome. You should do quarterly reviews of your performance against these... And post them.

Putting the attention and detail into your training is what's going to set you apart.

Awesome. You should do quarterly reviews of your performance against these... And post them.

I'd like to do something like that.

And I'd really recommend people try making a list like this, even if you don't post it here. I know Babyeater's going to make one, and I'm hoping others do too. Making this has forced me to "think small" about my training and address all the little things that I can do better. It's a lot more easier to break down something like "I could be more consistent" or "I could pay more attention to my training/diet/rest" into a hundred little component parts.

I'd like to do something like that.

And I'd really recommend people try making a list like this, even if you don't post it here. I know Babyeater's going to make one, and I'm hoping others do too. Making this has forced me to "think small" about my training and address all the little things that I can do better. It's a lot more easier to break down something like "I could be more consistent" or "I could pay more attention to my training/diet/rest" into a hundred little component parts.

I will probably do something like this.

And you should definitely do the periodic review. Nearly all of my work over the last 15 years has to involved target setting, and I find that if you don't do that kind of exercise, target setting becomes a matter of merely forecasting behaviour and future performance, not a tool for managing and improving it.

Great idea sir. I'm totally going to rip this off and make a 100 list for 2013. I've got pretty lofty goals, and it's all about managing the steps along the way, of which there are many. It's always the little things.

If Keosawa can improve, then I can improve.

I, personally, need to stop putting my over arcing life goals ahead of my training. Yes, I want to raise my family. Yes, I want to improve my house. Yes, I want to spend more time with my dogs. Yes, I want to start a business.

None of this interferes with training my strength. Training will only solidify my resolve, make me better, more prepared to achieve my goals. The lessons I learn in the gym can be applied to life, many before me have proved this....

1. Train consistantly for the next year. The reason I am still weak is that I have never been consistant enough for enough time to have a clue of what I am capable off. Time to change that this year (and I have already fucking started).
2. Be less of a fatass.
3. More curls.
4. Train my hams. If they exist and thus can be trained.
5. Start training my puny stiff lowerback.
6. Get better at chins and pullups and dips, number 2 will help with this to...
7. Slaughter small goals all time.
8. Ton of more lat work.
9. Ton of more upper (upper) back work.
10. Some ab work.
11. Possibly use a supplement or 2.
12. More meat and fish and flying feathery shit.
13. Do some grip shit.
14. Drink more booze (aka dont forget to have fun)
15. Get a less vagina like powerclean and powersnatch.
16. Start incorporate mini sessions of recovery shit.
17. Possibly warm up a bit.
18. Raise my GPP levels a bit.
19. More curls. Jacked and tan and yoked.
21. Do more goofy shit that makes training fun
22. Stay the course.

I did this recently but definitely didn't have 100. I like how most of your goals involve helping others.

Can't wait to see what goes down in 2013 for you. Good luck!

Back