• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

One fighter looked exhausted and beat up at the end of the fight

He didn't win clearly at all.
Volk out struck Islam in both total ( 164 to 95 ) and significant (70 to 57) strikes.

Volk did much more damage, it was blatant at the end of the fight and even more apparent during Islam's interview Back stage, he was beat up, bruised and lumpy.

Volk had one minor cut, simple as that.

Islam had 4 take downs and Volk had 0.
Both fighters had ZERO submission attempts. I repeat ZERO.

Check for yourself... https://www.ufc.com/event/ufc-284#10259

Your telling people to stop watching MMA when you talk as if you didn't even pay attention to this fight.

Lying out your ass is a real bad look when you're trying to make a point.

@BigGucci
once again. islam clearly won that fight. beat volk in the stand up, out grappled him, rocked him, cut him, controlled the pace. lying out of your ass because you dont like a certain fighter is definitely not a good look. it was an awesome fight! but no one who understands mma watches that fight and thinks volk won. sorry.

It's not a beauty contest...
weebey-thewire.gif
what caused the face blemishes? gee, i wonder??? perhaps, damage? the most significant damage? nah, can't be that.

I like how your talking about zero submission attempts when islam was attempting a neck crank.

No one gives a shit about total stats, we know volk was wobbled at least twice by Islam vs only one time the other way around.

I didn't tell anyone stop watching mma, I said it was a pretty clear 3-2. Don't @ me with goofy shit like this.

I'll @ whoever likes ignorant takes... Like you. Whenever I want. Get over it. BTW I never said you told people to stop watching MMA.

The fight was much closer than you seem to think. How hard is that to grasp?

once again. islam clearly won that fight. beat volk in the stand up, out grappled him, rocked him, cut him, controlled the pace. lying out of your ass because you dont like a certain fighter is definitely not a good look. it was an awesome fight! but no one who understands mma watches that fight and thinks volk won. sorry.

He didn't "clearly win that fight" Simple as that. That shit was razor thin. Great fight too.

I don't like Islam? Wanna prove that and bet your account on it? You can't and won't, I love both these fighters and have insane respect for the level of work all fighters, all of them, put in to be ready to compete and the balls they have to get in the cage in the 1st place.

You telling me I'm lying and you assumingly do it yourself... It's a "bad look", remember? Look, when a fight goes to a decision, that let's every single person that watches it to have a opinion on it's outcome along with the judges who's scoring is the ultimate decider of course. Close fights will generate a greater split between those folks viewpoint and any biases they hold will make people think with emotions instead of logic.

I'll @ whoever likes ignorant takes... Like you. Whenever I want. Get over it. BTW I never said you told people to stop watching MMA.

The fight was much closer than you seem to think. How hard is that to grasp?

He didn't "clearly win that fight" Simple as that. That shit was razor thin. Great fight too.

I don't like Islam? Wanna prove that and bet your account on it? You can't and won't, I love both these fighters and have insane respect for the level of work all fighters, all of them, put in to be ready to compete and the balls they have to get in the cage in the 1st place.

You telling me I'm lying and you assumingly do it yourself... It's a "bad look", remember? Look, when a fight goes to a decision, that let's every single person that watches it to have a opinion on it's outcome along with the judges who's scoring is the ultimate decider of course. Close fights will generate a greater split between those folks viewpoint and any biases they hold will make people think with emotions instead of logic.

...what the fuck are you talking about ? lol. what does any of that have to do with my responses? it was an awesome fight by the two best mma fighters in the world. a close fight that islam won. the fact you felt my initial response was absurd but not all the people crying about how volk dominated and won because islams face had more swelling is kinda baffling and exposes your feelings. if you thought volk won then ok, cool.

And it wasn't Volk.

Islam will be having nightmares about that performance for awhile.

Imagine dissing a manlet and nearly getting shadow realmed.

Not shocked. Islam has a cv of can crushing. Minus Olivera and Volk, it's not a good look calling out Volk or worse getting saved by corrupt judges.

Can't wait for Conor to shut Islam up

<Y2JSmirk><Y2JSmirk><Y2JSmirk>

If a 5'6 man who plays paddy cake and can't drop a fw planks lw Islam who was around at 200lbs?

Imagine Conor. Nobody can't take that left hand shot. If that was McGregor, it would have been a casket match.bork1}

Volk beat him up at the end of the fight.

Held islam down and beat on him.

The only reason the beating ended was because the clock ran out.

Yah baby. Volk P4P #1.

Saved by the bell and corrupt ufc judges. No fan of either but Volk won

Rd 5 was 10/8. 3-2 plus the 10/8

Only one person walked out a winner that night, and it wasn't Volk.

Using rounds to score a fight has existed since organized fights took place

The system is adopted from boxing where fights generally last 8-12 rounds.

Scoring a fight as a whole in MMA is not a novel concept and maybe works better for a format where 5 rounds is the max it can go.

even under 10 point must system, how did Islam win? are we counting takedown attempts now? so takedown attempts, RNC control in which 0 damage happened / aka stalling, and some punches and knees wins you fights? no dude. Volk being the smaller guy, nullified islams wrestling, got knockdowns, got the takedown in the fifth and ACTUALLY LANDED DAMAGE ON THE GROUND. Look at islams face. that is the face of a loser who got his ass whooped. terrible decision, terrible stupid ass "fans" defending this decision, where no significant damage was landed by islam. stupid ass fight.
Volk was in survival and defenending mode the entire fight bar 2 or 3 minutes

Back