PBP ONE Fight Night 11: Eersel vs. Menshikov, Fri. 6/9, 8 PM ET/5 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

Who wins in the main & co-main event title fights of ONE Fight Night 11?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've watched some kickboxing over the years but it would be very sporadic. It would be difficult to keep track of events outside of major fights or tournaments like K-1 GP or Glory GP etc. and my overall knowledge of the sport and history is not great since I only really watched the major things and again pretty sporadically (very casual). ONE makes it a lot easier to just tune in and watch a bunch of fights and start becoming fans of guys you never heard of before. And just learning and appreciating the sport more. It's crazy how good pretty much ALL the fighters look.
Exactly. I've learned so much more from watching One and the more I learn the more Imrespect and appreciate it. Like the Muay Thai guys who train so hard and have a fight like every other week when they are coming up before entering One. Their legs are like tree trunks. They kick so hard. Also I love the respect they almost always show their opponent after they win or lose.

Eersel would be a massive signing for Glory; he mentioned in his promo video that he wants to go down as one of the best to ever do it. If that's true, it would be in his best interest to go to Glory imo, for that very reason you mentioned - better competition.

Between Semeleer and Overmeer, I am taking Endy to win again. Both have improved markedly since their last bout, but I think Endy has been facing better competition since, and I also believe Endy is just a rough matchup for Jay at this point. Overmeer is high volume, constantly switching stances, angles, and has a lot of creativity, but Semeleer's boxing skills will prove too much imo. I noticed a lot in Overmeer's fight against Jamie Bates that he drops his left often and tends to do it when he feels like he has his man on the backfoot and is at the end of a combo, or when he is slipping straight punches. That is precisely where Semeleer will catch him and knock him off his rhythm, if not knocking him out imo. I'm five beers deep, so maybe I'm just talking out of my ass though haha.
Lol your post made perfect sense to me.

Exactly. I've learned so much more from watching One and the more I learn the more Imrespect and appreciate it. Like the Muay Thai guys who train so hard and have a fight like every other week when they are coming up before entering One. Their legs are like tree trunks. They kick so hard. Also I love the respect they almost always show their opponent after they win or lose.

It really is insane the level of skill they all have. Even the guys who are like huge underdogs or get KO'd quickly you can almost always see that they're still really good. Many of the thai fighters have literally hundreds of fights. And so many times seeing guys get their kicks checked or clashing with elbows etc. it honestly hurts me jsut watching it because I know how bad that shit hurts. But like you are suggesting they are made of steel it's crazy.

I feel like it might be a legit competitor to the UFC in terms of combat sports for the years to come. UFC will always have its core base but its lost a lot of shine in the last couple of years.
Dunno or care too much as long as this has enough of a following to keep it coming live. I mean UFC has some knowledgeable fans here but honestly there's way too many jabronis who just bitch and moan about every little thing without even discussing the damn fights imho.

Reactions: Gio
It really is insane the level of skill they all have. Even the guys who are like huge underdogs or get KO'd quickly you can almost always see that they're still really good. Many of the thai fighters have literally hundreds of fights. And so many times seeing guys get their kicks checked or clashing with elbows etc. it honestly hurts me jsut watching it because I know how bad that shit hurts. But like you are suggesting they are made of steel it's crazy.
Well said bud. There was a fight this morning where it was three rounds of phone booth fighting. Nearly all clinches, hellbows and plum kicks. Both dudes were absolute warriors.

Su5l2.gif

Because you guys enjoyed this (kinda) kickboxing heavy-card so much, maybe check in for next week’s GLORY Collision 5 (and PBP) aswell! It’s an absolutely amazing event with 4 world title-fights! Lot’s of super interesting matchups and bangers on the card. And after GLORY, we all tune for UFC:D (I’ll tune in a little later bc I’m at the GLORY-event)
I’m sure @Monte Moku , @Tayski and @Trupsi agree;)

Keep an eye on the KB/MT-forum, I’ll update the event-thread with everything you need to know about this card come fightnight:)

Because you guys enjoyed this (kinda) kickboxing heavy-card so much, maybe check in for next week’s GLORY Collision 5 (and PBP) aswell! It’s an absolutely amazing event with 4 world title-fights! Lot’s of super interesting matchups and bangers on the card. And after GLORY, we all tune for UFC:D (I’ll tune in a little later bc I’m at the GLORY-event)
I’m sure @Monte Moku , @Tayski and @Trupsi agree;)

Keep an eye on the KB/MT-forum, I’ll update the event-thread with everything you need to know about this card come fightnight:)

Cool. Keep up the great reporting. Have fun at the event too. I know you always do!

Hi LM. Thanks for the gif. Now I can see that left hook really was on the forehead. Had thought it was the chin. Have a great weekend what are you up to this weekend?
I have to work in a few hours lol.
After that, it’s a party weekend:cool:
Goodnight bud

I'm watching the replay now because I dozed off earlier and missed a few fights, but HOLY SHIT that baldheaded kickboxing ref is absolutely unbearable the way he constantly interferes with the fighters. I've noticed him before, but this one really sticks out to me. It's almost as unwatchable as boxing with this guy constantly stepping in. In fact, it's infuriating. Chatri needs to get rid of this asshole. They're not bound by shitty athletic commissions like UFC or Bellator.

I'm watching the replay now because I dozed off earlier and missed a few fights, but HOLY SHIT that baldheaded kickboxing ref is absolutely unbearable the way he constantly interferes with the fighters. I've noticed him before, but this one really sticks out to me. It's almost as unwatchable as boxing with this guy constantly stepping in. In fact, it's infuriating. Chatri needs to get rid of this asshole. They're not bound by shitty athletic commissions like UFC or Bellator.

He's one of the best referees in the world and did a great job actually.

Back