PBP ONE Fight Night 11: Eersel vs. Menshikov, Fri. 6/9, 8 PM ET/5 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

Who wins in the main & co-main event title fights of ONE Fight Night 11?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
aiiight doggers
im hitting the sack

taking the little guy to an RC car festival tomo. might be back by main card. not super sure

not upset that the card is mediocre this weekend. gives me more freedom to chill with Jr with out that FOMO lol

peace my brethren
hope you all have a great weekend
You too man. Have fun at the RC festival!

I love ONE. What a great promotion. The weekly Friday cards too are nice. I really think kickboxing and muay thai as a spectator sport has grown because of them. At least in the US it must have increased the popularity.

Undefeated for over 2,600 days. Ridiculous in combat sports. It's so hard to be this good for this long. You've really got appreciate dominant fighters. Fedor, Aldo, Georges, and guys like Eersel.

Fun night of fights. Great PBP as always. Enjoy your weekend, Sherbros.
Enjoy your weekend bud

Man I just wish GLORY signs Regian Eersel very soon, there’s way better competition there for him at 77kg.
Who you got between Overmeer and Semeleer in next weeks titlefight at Collision 5 though?

View attachment 986282

View attachment 986283

Eersel would be a massive signing for Glory; he mentioned in his promo video that he wants to go down as one of the best to ever do it. If that's true, it would be in his best interest to go to Glory imo, for that very reason you mentioned - better competition.

Between Semeleer and Overmeer, I am taking Endy to win again. Both have improved markedly since their last bout, but I think Endy has been facing better competition since, and I also believe Endy is just a rough matchup for Jay at this point. Overmeer is high volume, constantly switching stances, angles, and has a lot of creativity, but Semeleer's boxing skills will prove too much imo. I noticed a lot in Overmeer's fight against Jamie Bates that he drops his left often and tends to do it when he feels like he has his man on the backfoot and is at the end of a combo, or when he is slipping straight punches. That is precisely where Semeleer will catch him and knock him off his rhythm, if not knocking him out imo. I'm five beers deep, so maybe I'm just talking out of my ass though haha.

It has for me. I love the striking.

I've watched some kickboxing over the years but it would be very sporadic. It would be difficult to keep track of events outside of major fights or tournaments like K-1 GP or Glory GP etc. and my overall knowledge of the sport and history is not great since I only really watched the major things and again pretty sporadically (very casual). ONE makes it a lot easier to just tune in and watch a bunch of fights and start becoming fans of guys you never heard of before. And just learning and appreciating the sport more. It's crazy how good pretty much ALL the fighters look.

Back