PBP ONE Fight Night 11: Eersel vs. Menshikov, Fri. 6/9, 8 PM ET/5 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

Who wins in the main & co-main event title fights of ONE Fight Night 11?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He's one of the best referees in the world and did a great job actually.

He absolutely sucks and ruins every fight he's reffing with his constant interfering.

He's enforcing the rules. He only intervenes if the fighters are stalling, committing fouls or clinching in Kickboxing rules which isn't allowed.

Every 10 seconds?

I actually thought nieky holzken won. He had the more effective strikes in my opinion the other guy was just busier. Commentators also defo seemed to favour sadikovic.

Tough call. The other guy definitely had harder shots but it looked like Holzken was blocking them. But Holzken seemed to lack power.

Holzkens leg kicks were a lot more powerful. The other guy had welts all over his legs by the end. I thought Holzken picked his shots better with his hands. Its not like the other guy hurt nieky during the fight. Wasn't a total robbery either though.
I hear a lot of people saying they thought Nieky Holzken won too.
While the fight was very competitive and Nieky was definitely getting better as the fight progressed, I thought Arian Sadiković won the first two rounds, Holzken winning the third.
In that third round Nieky found his rhythm and he started to read Arian very well, picking his shots and imo winning the round, to the point I would definitely favor Nieky if it was a 5-rounder.
Holzken seemed a bit rusty for sure, but he also lost a bit of a pop in his shots and it looked like he got a tad slower, which solely has to do with his age (Nieky is turning 40 in December). That third round he got to show some vintage Nieky Holzken though!

Long story short, I think Holzken lost a competitive fight, but imo he would’ve won using his experience if it was a 5-rounder.
He’s no longer in his absolute prime, but he ain’t over the hill by any means. Most realistically a title-run is over, but when he’s on he can still hang with all the top guys.
As long as he enjoys fighting let him fight. Holzken has a very nice contract and is one of the better paid fighters in ONE. I’ll say give him a fun opponent in his next fight:)

Back