ONE Championship finances: Accumulated losses skyrocket to $126 million

I was just about to post this.

A lot of people crap on Bloody Elbow, but they have a few great writers.

John Nash is the only person in the so-called MMA media who does detailed reporting on the finances of the promoters.

Just like PFL they make their money from investors, once investor money is gone they will close but they'll all have made their money by then having paid themselves.

ONE FC has always been dishonest but this is just sad. Say what you will about the UFC but they have figured out a way to make this thing work in way that no other promotion has been able to duplicate
You do understand that UFC/Endeavour is currently billions in debt right? Billions.

The UFC as an entity is profitable, but Endeavour overpaid for it in a big way.

It's always like this. You'd think Asia would be the most profitable region because of the amount of people living there, but I've yet to hear of a mma company in Asia that turned legit profits.

It's always like this. You'd think Asia would be the most profitable region because of the amount of people living there, but I've yet to hear of a mma company in Asia that turned legit profits.
Asia is not a monolith - despite ONE's marketing of themselves as dominant over the entire continent, its made up of unique pockets and each one is different. ONE has no actual target market.

Proof that OneFC is either involved in money laundering or a tax shell - likely the former. That amount is not justified considering their reach.
Nah. I think it's just a vanity project for Saurabh Mittal.

imo Chatri and Mittal have legit dreams of conquering the MMA world.

Really nothing shocking here for anyone that has been tracking them from business standpoint.

They continue to grow revenue but debt increase by multiple times more each year.

This is fine the first 3 to 5 years in business but eventually you should turn that corner and figure out how to be profitable or at least much more stable. ONE is like here is 10 million they lose 20 million, here is 35 Million and they lose 50 million, here is 60 million they lose 100 million. When does it stop????? More importantly who invests in this mess???? None of it adds up in the end. The bleeding has to stop at some point or it dies.

One is getting close to being around for decade and it doesn't seem like its any closer to being a stable business.

P.S.: We all understand UFC's debt and debt even before WME/Endeavour. The difference is a lot of that debt was business growth related. Revolving debt is nothing new for very successful businesses. The difference is a company can have 300 million in debt but has revenue of 900 million with a few hundred million of profit yearly and the other has 100 million of debt and only 30 million in revenue.

An Asian mma promotion going under because of bad mamagement? The Hell you say. How far behind them is Rizin going to be?

An Asian mma promotion going under because of bad mamagement? The Hell you say. How far behind them is Rizin going to be?
Hell Bellator might not be far behind if DAZN really does ditch them, it was reported a year or 2 ago that DAZN was basically what saved Bellator.
If this keeps up then UFC will again be the only dog in town.

I think the Russian Oligarchs or the Arabs can turn things around in ONE, just sell it to them.

I dont think any org other than the UFC is doing good. This isn't a surprise.

Hell Bellator might not be far behind if DAZN really does ditch them, it was reported a year or 2 ago that DAZN was basically what saved Bellator.
If this keeps up then UFC will again be the only dog in town.

Evolution of most sports....one form of the sport usually reigns supreme.

Back