ONE looking to raise more money from Qataris, future tho shakey

China is growing twice as fast as your country and TorontoTO has been predicting ONE's "imminent" bankruptcy for years.
Suck a dick and @ me next time. Also have I been predicting "imminent" bankruptcy? That must have only been happening in your disease ridden mind.

Suck a dick and @ me next time. Also have I been predicting "imminent" bankruptcy? That must have only been happening in your disease ridden mind.
Why would I waste my time with a lunatic who created 30 threads talking shit about ONE?

Why would I waste my time with a lunatic who created 30 threads talking shit about ONE?
Lol if that was anywhere close to true. Why can’t we be all like you crying about someone who hasn’t talked to you or mentioned you in months. I know you got some weird attraction to me but I’m not interested buddy

"first round of Qatari investment in 2021 was supposed to bring a whole series of Apex-like shows to the country. The idea [then] was that ONE’s Qatar shows would be akin to UFC’s Apex in Las Vegas,” the reported former ONE exec told. “These would be shows with smaller seating capacity, but would look better on television because they were easier to fill.”

Instead, it seems what the Qatari government received was some destination spotlighting ONE CEO Chatri Sityodtong’s two seasons of The Apprentice: ONE Championship Edition, released for streaming in Asia on Netflix. Viewership numbers for the first season have the show ranked 9,763 out of approximately 18,000 titles on the platform. The core sponsors brought in by the Qatari government to underwrite the show (Qatar Airways and Ooredoo Qatar) pulled back their funding of ONE projects.

Last edited:
China is growing twice as fast as your country and TorontoTO has been predicting ONE's "imminent" bankruptcy for years.

The growth is great, but no one has figured out how to get that part of the world to part with money for MMA and that is the real problem.

That part of the world is not condition/culture to spend money on in home media content and its these media deals that make MMA orgs operate. Free state TV and IPTV rules the roost and that isn't changing anytime soon. It's the main the reason the UFC hasn't gone guns blazing into the market. They more or less are positioning themselves to be known in that part of the world and if things change they'll push hard forward. But until then a few shows here and there. The average US or even European person pays more for in home media in one month than many persons in many parts around the world spend in year if not more on in home media content. It's why these sports can get 100's of millions yearly and in some cases Billion's from media providers in the US and European nations.

That is the number one reason ONE can't get out of crippling death of debt year after year and why they live on investor money even after 10+ years. According Charti year after year its next year they'll be turning a profit. He has said that for like 5 plus years now.

P.S.: You don't see the UFC going balls to the wall in Mexico or even Canada. It's all related to media deals. Both countries are filled with MMA fans.

The growth is great, but no one has figured out how to get that part of the world to part with money for MMA and that is the real problem.

That part of the world is not condition/culture to spend money on in home media content and its these media deals that make MMA orgs operate. Free state TV and IPTV rules the roost and that isn't changing anytime soon. It's the main the reason the UFC hasn't gone guns blazing into the market. They more or less are positioning themselves to be known in that part of the world and if things change they'll push hard forward. But until then a few shows here and there. The average US or even European person pays more for in home media in one month than many persons in many parts around the world spend in year if not more on in home media content. It's why these sports can get 100's of millions yearly and in some cases Billion's from media providers in the US and European nations.

That is the number one reason ONE can't get out of crippling death of debt year after year and why they live on investor money even after 10+ years. According Charti year after year its next year they'll be turning a profit. He has said that for like 5 plus years now.

P.S.: You don't see the UFC going balls to the wall in Mexico or even Canada. It's all related to media deals. Both countries are filled with MMA fans.
Japan and Korea are the only places where you can get decent broadcast deals hence why Chatri is trying hard for Japan even tho they have zero presence there and are way overshadowed by Rizin

I think ONE is cooked. Either they go under or they have to scale way way back.

It's alright if they go broke they can just rename themselves BUM championship
<Fedor23>

I think by the end of the year ONE will drop MMA, kickboxing, and grappling and be strictly a Muay Thai promotion.

man, it's obvious so many people are just absolutely sleeping on the muay thai in MMA gloves, it's a damn shame too. because they are absolutely knocking that out of the park. i never followed muay thai, but now i'm all in. they need to just drop the MMA, and lame ass mens scissoring feet grabbing division, and just focus on MMA/kickboxing in MMA gloves. that is the single greatest innovation of combat sports, since MMA, by far, hands down. hope that these thai fighters can get the stage they deserve, because i have honestly never have seen such a display of striking, heart, guts, determination, they fight like their lives are on the line every time. it would be a travesty, if they could not showcase their superior stand up skills on a large scale stage. people are absolutely sleeping. if they were to just watch one event, one friday event, their minds would be blown, like mine was. I hope 2024 isn't the end of ONE. Fighting fans lose. Bellator already gone, hope ONE can stay afloat somehow.

Why did Victor Cui leave he was previously the co-founder and CEO of ONE?

man, it's obvious so many people are just absolutely sleeping on the muay thai in MMA gloves, it's a damn shame too. because they are absolutely knocking that out of the park. i never followed muay thai, but now i'm all in. they need to just drop the MMA, and lame ass mens scissoring feet grabbing division, and just focus on MMA/kickboxing in MMA gloves. that is the single greatest innovation of combat sports, since MMA, by far, hands down. hope that these thai fighters can get the stage they deserve, because i have honestly never have seen such a display of striking, heart, guts, determination, they fight like their lives are on the line every time. it would be a travesty, if they could not showcase their superior stand up skills on a large scale stage. people are absolutely sleeping. if they were to just watch one event, one friday event, their minds would be blown, like mine was. I hope 2024 isn't the end of ONE. Fighting fans lose. Bellator already gone, hope ONE can stay afloat somehow.
It’s watered down Muay Thai, with bad mismatches. It has potential, but not with rules ONE uses

I think it's an ego thing for Chatri. It's got a bit of a fanbase now and it's cheap to run so they could absolutely do that and run at a profit.

That would mean Chatri having to give up on his fantasy world of ONE being a multi billion combat sports empire that is bigger than the UFC though, which I don't think he can do.

It’s watered down Muay Thai, with bad mismatches. It has potential, but not with rules ONE uses
in your opinion, where is non watered down muay thai at? RWS? i would say their Friday cards are more even. their prime cards though, i would agree for the most part. it's their elite against complete mismatches, but at least it is exciting. endearing. shadow realm inducing. what would you change about the rules that ONE uses?

in your opinion, where is non watered down muay thai at? RWS? i would say their Friday cards are more even. their prime cards though, i would agree for the most part. it's their elite against complete mismatches, but at least it is exciting. endearing. shadow realm inducing. what would you change about the rules that ONE uses?
Traditional stadium rules.stop breaking up the clinch after a few seconds. Stop with the mismatches and the size discrepancies, and yes, they’re happening on the Friday Fight cards, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back