PBP ONE Championship EMPOWER, Fri. Sep. 3, 7:30 AM ET/4:30 AM PT PBP Discussion Thread

ONE Championship decides NOT to overturn Seo Hee Ham vs Denice Zamboanga result

Seo Hee Ham remains a winner inside the ONE Championship circle despite a post-fight review.

ONE: Empower took place last Friday and featured the highly anticipated eight-woman world atomweight Grand Prix. Among the contestants was promotional newcomer, UFC veteran and former RIZIN super atomweight champion, Seo Hee Ham (24-8).

The seasoned 32-fight competitor in Korea’s Ham came in off the longest layoff of her career — her previous fight being when she won the RIZIN crown in her trilogy with Ayaka Hamasaki. The Philippines’ previously unbeaten Denice Zamboanga welcomed Ham to ONE but couldn’t get the job done as Ham took home the ever-close split decision nod.

Due to the outcry from fans along with Zamboanga and her team, ONE Championship felt prompted to review the decision. Thankfully for the multi-time MMA champion Ham, ONE’s competition committee upheld the result of the fight.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mmanews/one-...rturn-seo-hee-ham-vs-denice-zamboanga-result/
Good. They still should delegate reviews to a fully neutral and independent party.

Yeah, One will lose me as a viewer if they change the outcome of that fight.
Given their decision to overturn Petrosyan vs Petchmorakot, nothing would surprise me.

I personally thought Zamboanga clearly did enough to win, and would not have been all that upset had they officially overturned the result.

ONE also overturned this fight into a DQ, which I think is pretty bullshit:

Back