• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

One Century Parts 1 and 2, Sat. Oct 12 at 8 PM ET/Sun. Oct 13 at 4 AM ET PBP Discussion Thread

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Please. That's the bs from the pretentious boxing snobs like Max Kellerman constantly pushing boring ass fighters like Pernell Whitaker back in the day. They are the size of grade schoolers.

He's like Askren and all his groupies back in ONE. He's fighting bums in a third tier MMA org.

He dominated in the ufc for years and the only fight left is Cejudo trilogy. They are 1-1 with cejudo winning by blanketing. Good on him for earning some cash since the ufc didn’t appreciate him.

Damn! Those Shooto vs Pancrase bouts were entertaining. That Saruta KO was brutal, was surprised that the ref didn't realized Kitakata was already out on the first strike. Anyway still good stuff.

Petrosyan gets the decision, the belt, and the USD $1million.

GOAT status confirmed?

I only caught the last round. Was it a fair result?

Bad decision IMO. I thought Thani did much more than Okami over the course of the fight and he dominated round 3.

Actually Tanhi gives credit to Okami for the win. Classy.
"He got the back in rounds 1, 2 so..."

Thani was certainly the agressor in the feet but as he says, maybe too much. Most strikes were blocked or ducked and couldnt avoid the clinch, 5 takedons to 1 for Yushin, who almost got the choke. Close fight, Thani is legit and Okami has not much years left on hin

This Rodtang vs Goncalves fight is interesting, muay thai in a cage.

Rodtang is clearly used to pressuring his opponents in a ring and then unloading on them when they're stuck in the corner.

The cage has no corners though and all his pressure is pointless. The cage has no corners so Goncalves is just easily circling out whenever he gets pressured back into the cage. Or just getting underhooks and stalling against the cage until the ref resets to the middle of the cage.

That really changes the game. Someone like Randy Couture would obviously get obliterated doing muay thai in a ring. But I could totally see him taking on top notch strikers in a cage with some dirty boxing and wall and stall.

Anyone please PM me a working link?

Thanks

This muay thai fight is really showcasing how big cages with no corners punish action and reward running away. Someone should make an org with a rectangular cage like a ring to have the benefits of being able to cut your opponent off in the ring AND the benefit of the cage for grappling

"Come fight"

Lol!

I like Bibiano and rooted for him before but he bitched out in his last fight.

Whenever I hear this guy's walkout song it makes me think of this highlight, one of my favorites

Back