*One burpee Tabatha in the morning and one at night: Rank that as a daily workout*

"Tabata" training has to be one of the most misunderstood modalities in all of S&C.
The original study required "20 seconds at 170% of VO2 max with ten seconds of recovery, repeated eight times".

The vast majority of people don't/can't hit anywhere near 170% of their VO2 Max, and it's pretty much impossible with an exercise like burpees.

"Tabata" training has to be one of the most misunderstood modalities in all of S&C.
The original study required "20 seconds at 170% of VO2 max with ten seconds of recovery, repeated eight times".

The vast majority of people don't/can't hit anywhere near 170% of their VO2 Max, and it's pretty much impossible with an exercise like burpees.
How would you achieve such a feat in such a short amount of time?

How would you achieve such a feat in such a short amount of time?
I'm pretty certain I couldn't as I'm not an elite athlete.

For the study (with elite athletes) they used a stationary bike (mechanically braked cycle ergometer), with participants instructed to pedal at maximal effort during the 8x 20s work periods.

What is the point of this thread again?

Thank you. Came to post this

Back