News ONE 166 Qatar March 1

YLVKs8k.jpg

I guess the question is how much did the Qataris pay for this event since ONE is gifting them with the presence of great superstar Arjan Bhullar.

I just need them to keep the card like 80% pure MMA... 1 or 2 KB/Grappling bouts are still OK to me... More than that not that much... Sometimes it really depends of the mood I have...
Writing in English after a while btw...

Probably being crucified by a ONE contract after he failed to deliver the hype behind him

Even for 2 fights he made more then UFC guys, someone told me what his numbers are. I'm Croatian from Bosnia too and Roberto already fought in my city when he was younger.

Even for 2 fights he made more then UFC guys, someone told me what his numbers are. I'm Croatian from Bosnia too and Roberto already fought in my city when he was younger.
One more reason to Join ONE contract hell. Specially considering the result of both fights

One more reason to Join ONE contract hell. Specially considering the result of both fights

Why would they complain. First fight unlucky, second was a banger. Yeah I guess it's hell but his number is so high even 2 fights got him rich

Last edited:
Why would they complain. First fight unlucky, second was a banger. Yeah I guess it's hepl but his number is so high even 2 fights got him rich
It's ONE.
They don't have reasons.
I follow them on Instagram... The fighters they like are often tagged in posts. I never Saw them tagging soldic and i believe the outcome on both fights are one of those reasons for this.

In other words... ONE is shady af and soldic definitely chose the wrong path.
And no... Im not saying he should have gone to UFC.

It's ONE.
They don't have reasons.
I follow them on Instagram... The fighters they like are often tagged in posts. I never Saw them tagging soldic and i believe the outcome on both fights are one of those reasons for this.

In other words... ONE is shady af and soldic definitely chose the wrong path.
And no... Im not saying he should have gone to UFC.

Roberto cashed in. He´s one of the few lucky ones. Peaked and got signed for a great amount, did 2 fights and earned. I guess him being expesnive is the reason he got no match comming up.

ONE Championship will hold a no-gi submission grappling tournament prior to its event in Qatar.
“Road to ONE: Doha” will take place at the Aspire Zone in Doha, Qatar, on Feb. 29 and spans five different weight classes. Winners in the advanced divisions will received $100,000 contracts to grapple for ONE Championship.

Advanced categories include one women’s division (115 pounds) and five men’s (135, 155, 170 and 185 pounds). To qualify for the advanced category, a competitor must be a brown belt or a black belt or have at least four years of experience. All grapplers must weigh-in before their first match. Further registration information for the event can be found here."

This news comes out shortly after news that UFC Fight Pass will sponsor a large ADCC-Kuwait event in the neighboring country of Kuwait.

ONE Championship will hold a no-gi submission grappling tournament prior to its event in Qatar.
“Road to ONE: Doha” will take place at the Aspire Zone in Doha, Qatar, on Feb. 29 and spans five different weight classes. Winners in the advanced divisions will received $100,000 contracts to grapple for ONE Championship.

Advanced categories include one women’s division (115 pounds) and five men’s (135, 155, 170 and 185 pounds). To qualify for the advanced category, a competitor must be a brown belt or a black belt or have at least four years of experience. All grapplers must weigh-in before their first match. Further registration information for the event can be found here."

This news comes out shortly after news that UFC Fight Pass will sponsor a large ADCC-Kuwait event in the neighboring country of Kuwait.

As long as there's no mickey musumeci I'm sold. I can't stand this kid's style. It's like he has a principled refusal to even come on top or try a sweep. Spends all the matchs on his back fishing for leg locks. I can live with pulling guard and wanting to start there. But a guy who refuses to even finish a sweep so he can keep laying on his back to chase leg locks kills the sport for me.

The worst matches is when you have two of this kind who play footsies the whole time.

Why ONE insists on grappling is beyond me, who is watching this

Back