On what date will Trump conceed? Place your bets.

He is not going to destroy the Republican party that way. It would be cutting off his nose despite his face. What he could do though is help find candidates and fund campaigns against Republicans in primaries who stabbed him in the back. He will also probably support Republicans who were allies against Democrats in general elections.

You could be right. But I see very little evidence to support the assertion that Trump cares at all about the Republican Party or anyone in it. If ever there was a person who would just take his ball and go home, Trump is that guy.

Smart Republicans are starting to realize just how precarious their situation is. Which is why they are walking this tightrope while Trump plays this absurd election fraud game with the courts.

I think you are overlooking an even more likely scenario. One that is far more destructive to the Republican Party.

What makes you think Trump will stay in the Republican party as opposed to starting his own party?

I am not sure the Republican Party fully appreciates just how exposed they are right now. Their entire political party is now almost completely wrapped up in a cult of personality who they can't stand, and who can't stand them.

If Trump decides to splinter off, and start his own party for 2024, the Republican Party would be well and truly fucked. Starting in 2024, they would not win a Presidential election, or have control of the House or Senate for at least 16 years. They might never recover.

Of course Trump knows he could not win in 2024 if he splits the Republican Party in two. But he really does not give a shit about being President. He cares much more about money and attention. If it meant him getting paid fucktons of money while having people chant his name without having the hassle of being in the White House, do you really think he would give a second thought to fucking the Republican party good and proper?

He can't grift on his own like he can when he is president. What makes you think he is going to keep running a political party?

He can't grift on his own like he can when he is president. What makes you think he is going to keep running a political party?

LOL- Sure he can. His whole life is one long grift. He will like it even better when he is not president. He can get paid to campaign and have people chant his name without the hassle of running shit, which he never cared about.

Trump would be more at the center of attention as the head of the 'Trump Party'. And if it was his own party, he would not be needing to involve Republicans in what was done with all the money. I'd say it's 50-50 which way he goes.

I have money on him just going to Mar a Logo and on January 20th, just telling everything to ship me my shit. I ain't coming back.

What do you mean, you will want to leave the US?

LOL- Sure he can. His whole life is one long grift. He will like it even better when he is not president. He can get paid to campaign and have people chant his name without the hassle of running shit, which he never cared about.

Trump would be more at the center of attention as the head of the 'Trump Party'. And if it was his own party, he would not be needing to involve Republicans in what was done with all the money. I'd say it's 50-50 which way he goes.

He can't make enough money each year to offset his bad properties as a political commentator. Sean Hannity makes only $20 million usd a year. I bet he has golf courses that lose that by themselves. The situation is to me similar to my dad trying to sell his dental practice when he retired. He would get these young dentist that were basically working at sweat shops. They knew they had to get out but basically couldn't because they had $600k in school loans and a house so $1 million+ in debt. My dad would show them the books and how much the building was worth and what the margins were but they couldn't pull the trigger because they were forever being cash poor because of all the debt they were carrying. He found a guy who wasn't cash strapped who bought the business. Point being, Trump is so cash poor and strapped with debt that no matter what he decides to do he will be bankrupt or strapped into a position where he is doing little more than servicing debt. Let me put it this way. Let's say that he is the most successful political commentator ever. He is pulling in $60 million a year. Three times what Sean Hannity does. Well, he probably services that much just on the billion plus in debt he has. There was a guy who wrote a book on Trump and did a deep dive into Trump's assets. He estimated Trump to be only worth 150-250 million. If that guy is remotely close, Trump is completely upside down and that is why only Deutsche Bank will work with him.

Trump will not concede. After his antics the past several days I can't see him doing it.

When do you think Trump will say words to the effect of "i/we lost"?

Get your bragging rights!!!!

I'm picking Friday the 14th of November.

His concession will almost inevitably be followed by a "because" theft/fraud or whatever, and be the result of republican pressure to save the party/country from further damage.

Of course never is an option.
This is an easy one to answer:
Ho9.gif

_

He can't make enough money each year to offset his bad properties as a political commentator. Sean Hannity makes only $20 million usd a year. I bet he has golf courses that lose that by themselves. The situation is to me similar to my dad trying to sell his dental practice when he retired. He would get these young dentist that were basically working at sweat shops. They knew they had to get out but basically couldn't because they had $600k in school loans and a house so $1 million+ in debt. My dad would show them the books and how much the building was worth and what the margins were but they couldn't pull the trigger because they were forever being cash poor because of all the debt they were carrying. He found a guy who wasn't cash strapped who bought the business. Point being, Trump is so cash poor and strapped with debt that no matter what he decides to do he will be bankrupt or strapped into a position where he is doing little more than servicing debt. Let me put it this way. Let's say that he is the most successful political commentator ever. He is pulling in $60 million a year. Three times what Sean Hannity does. Well, he probably services that much just on the billion plus in debt he has. There was a guy who wrote a book on Trump and did a deep dive into Trump's assets. He estimated Trump to be only worth 150-250 million. If that guy is remotely close, Trump is completely upside down and that is why only Deutsche Bank will work with him.

I don't disagree with any of that. But I don't really think it changes anything. It's not like Trump is going to be able to recoup the $ by focusing on his business. Trump is going to lose his properties but probably won't go bankrupt. There is just about enough equity in them to cover the debt, and leave him a bit left over.

He is not going to be able to go back to living on the same amount of attention and adulation he had before embarking on all this. Whatever he decides to do will have to feed his ego. And just being some kingmaker in the Republican party is not going to do that for him. This is a man setting fire to millions of dollars as we speak in litigation. And he is not doing it to win an election. His sole reason for doing it is so he can say he didn't lose with a half-way straight face. Think about that. A guy who is going to be needing money quite badly very soon is setting fire to millions just for appearances.

I think his legal team finds enough election irregularities in PA (and other states) to force the legislature to vote on which candidate gets the electoral votes. PA's general assembly has a Republican majority. Michigan's legislature has a Republican majority. Wisconsin's legislature has a Republican majority. Georgia's general assembly has a Republican majority. Arizona's legislature has a Republican majority.
Finally someone with some sense. But I think the dems have thoroughly blocked the true will of the American people at every juncture. People who need to cheat are quite good at it. Trump 2021 fuckers!!

What irony. Grown adults (assuming you are one) who act like grade school "mean girls," and endorse child touchers for political office, are usually the ones with dangerous emotional problems. You're a trash human being, and that doesn't embarrass you at all.
it's gonna be great when trump pardons ghislaine maxwell

<JonesLaugh>

I think his legal team finds enough election irregularities in PA (and other states) to force the legislature to vote on which candidate gets the electoral votes. PA's general assembly has a Republican majority. Michigan's legislature has a Republican majority. Wisconsin's legislature has a Republican majority. Georgia's general assembly has a Republican majority. Arizona's legislature has a Republican majority.
fortunately that's not how this works. That's some real crazy precedent you are asking for.

When do you think Trump will say words to the effect of "i/we lost"?

Get your bragging rights!!!!

I'm picking Friday the 14th of November.

His concession will almost inevitably be followed by a "because" theft/fraud or whatever, and be the result of republican pressure to save the party/country from further damage.

Of course never is an option.

he’ll never say those words, not even to the effect.

It’ll be more like “it looks like sleepy joe is going to be your president. They pulled a hell of a con job...”

he’ll never say those words, not even to the effect.

It’ll be more like “it looks like sleepy joe is going to be your president. They pulled a hell of a con job...”

That would count by my standards.

fortunately that's not how this works. That's some real crazy precedent you are asking for.

Not sure where the guy you quoted stands on it, but it's pretty sad people are hinging on the state legislatures to ignore the will of the people.

Trump will not concede. After his antics the past several days I can't see him doing it.
"The power to destroy a thing is the absolute control over it."

- Paul-Muad'Dib to the Guild navigators, at his confrontation with the Emperor Shaddam IV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back