News On This Day: Ronda Rousey Puts Women's MMA In The UFC Spotlight

All downhill from there
Exactly, should be in another league, a WUFC or something, putting these absolute cans in comain events when they punch air 3 meters away from each other to a pathetic decision tarnishes the entire sport.

It was a cool milestone, and WMMA has grown and developed nicely since then.
WAR RONDA also, she was a bad motherfucker.

Some guys truly believe that having a cock n balls, no matter how rudimentary, puts them in untouchable status against any given woman. Megan Anderson is gonna pound that ass out on some Sherbros. And I don’t just mean guys who are smaller stature.

You can be 6’2 and 220 pounds of chewed bubble gum and utterly gas within a few strikes, especially if it’s in front of other people. It’s easy to get complacent and ignore the fact that your cardio is non existent, your movement and agility is trash, and you haven’t experienced and learned how to cope with an adrenaline dump or manage days of anxiety leading up to an event, whatever that event is.

It’s definitely up for debate that some high ranking women in some weight classes could smoke some lower ranking men in some weight classes, I dunno, but it’s not an outrageous proposition.

We have legit female Green Berets and Force Reconnaissance Marines now. It has happened. This was “the thing that could not be” less than 10 years ago. Do I support it? I dunno, my opinions have changed. Doesn’t matter though, it’s happened. And it’s not going away. Dunno where the Navy is at with women in BUDs but I guarantee you it’s coming.

My point is that WMMA will continue to evolve and sacred cows will continued to be slaughtered. Will women ever be on physically equal footing with men of a similar mindset and relative ability? Probably not in all things. Maybe. Maybe not. Doesn’t matter what I believe though, we’re going to see one way or another.
So what?

WNBA players would beat me in basketball any day of the week and I still don't want to watch them.

You're setting up a debate argument no one is debating.

You're trying to lure people into discussing something obvious, when the obvious thing is that we just don't want to watch chick fights.

Women can’t compete with men in any sport that requires athletic ability.
They pretty consistently fail to compete with men in darts or snooker too.
I deliberately said "stand their ground" and not "outright win", see you swallowed the bite. Also, mixed couples in highest level tennis and some other sports would like to have a chat.

This isn’t about WMMA being good or not. It’s just obviously a dumb thing to say and a dumb view to hold.
It always is, because what else it would be about when people constantly complain how women fighters are boring. Theres no issue with that as a fact, because most at the moment are, and compared to men, the woman mma will always will be less talented, its just the way it is genetically, socially, and what not. But that doesn't mean we need to be assholes about women that aint GOATs, but let the women have their bite at the sport too and just show some decent male courtesy instead, be gentlemans.

Look how far women’s MMA has come. Now instead of one recognizable star and 2 dominant champions there’s no recognizable stars, 2 dominant champions, and a lot of pending OnlyFans accounts.

So what?

WNBA players would beat me in basketball any day of the week and I still don't want to watch them.

You're trying to lure people into discussing something obvious, when the obvious thing is that we just don't want to watch chick fights.
You don't, and that's too bad.

I deliberately said "stand their ground" and not "outright win", see you swallowed the bite. Also, mixed couples in highest level tennis and some other sports would like to have a chat.

It always is, because what else it would be about when people constantly complain how women fighters are boring. Theres no issue with that as a fact, because most at the moment are, and compared to men, the woman mma will always will be less talented, its just the way it is genetically, socially, and what not. But that doesn't mean we need to be assholes about women that aint GOATs, but let the women have their bite at the sport too and just show some decent male courtesy instead, be gentlemans.
I didn't swallow anything

Women are not competitive with men in sports that rely on athletic abilities.

You can dress it up how you like and try and play semantics.

For context I have coached male and female athletes who have won medals at World championships (not in fighting but across many different sports).

It might not be palatable to you but women cannot compete with men physically.

Whether or not WMMA has merit is a separate argument. But pretending women can compete with men is the wrong way to go to prove that argument.

Last edited:
I hope we get another women's phenom in wmma soon. The ride was great. I like ronda's time in mma even though people hated it.
Does Amanda Nunes have to show up at your doorstep and bludgeon your entire household to death in front of you for you to realize that she’s a wmma phenom?

I remembered that a few days ago he claimed that Casey Kenney was "committing sexual harassment" when he said on a podcast that he wouldn't sleep with Megan Anderson.
Lmao, but no, that wasnt me! Also yes, new account, but iv been following the sport for about 20 years now. Not that any of this matters, but just setting your comments about me straight.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Sexes_(tennis)

I guess we can chat about this. Remember the time the Williams sisters got absolutely mauled by the 205th ranked men’s team after they’d played a round of golf, had some booze and cigars?

I still think at her peak, she was the most overhyped fighter in MMA history.

Rogan hyped her to the moon. "Once ever" female athlete who could beat 50% of the men's 135lb division... oooof.

But her early success and contributions to WMMA cannot be understated. I believe WMMA would have entered UFC at some point anyhow, but she certainly sped the process up.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Sexes_(tennis)
I guess we can chat about this. Remember the time the Williams sisters got absolutely mauled by the 205th ranked men’s team after they’d played a round of golf, had some booze and cigars?
No, but it doesnt matter anyway, the point was not that women are stronger then men. But that they are capable to respectfully compete at a pro level between themselves, up to the point where they are skilled enough to stand their ground against men. The emphasys here was that they can be higly skilled, and not that they are better then men in equal competition.

So what?

No dude. I’m not trying to lure anyone into anything.

If you’re saying you wanna keep this thread confined to validating each other’s angst towards WMMA, ok. I was trying to speak more to the idea that you can wish the UFC “do something” about WMMA, and it won’t make it so. I definitely can’t convince you to LIKE WMMA if you don’t, and I don’t really care either. I get the feeling that you resent a contrary opinion, but don’t accuse me of setting up a straw man by setting up a straw man. Carry on bro.

I miss Ronda... She rustled a mean jimmy.
Yeah I always enjoy that kind of high-hype fighter, they are lots of fun while they last. Brock Lesnar, the Diaz brothers, Conor...having people like that who can bring new fans in is good for the sport IMO

Honda was hideous but I admit that she is a legend.

Does Amanda Nunes have to show up at your doorstep and bludgeon your entire household to death in front of you for you to realize that she’s a wmma phenom?
She's not a phenom. She's an wmma talent, probably the best wmma talent we've seen but she's not a phenom that captures the imagination of the matches. People aren't anticipating her fights. The times she was champion before the ESPN deal, she was selling less than 100,000k ppvs.

I want a phenom, an enigma to return to wmma. It was a fun time when even girls would watch ufc with ou because of ronda. Now a days, if they're not into mma, they're just not into mma.

I want a phenom, an enigma to return to wmma.

Cyborg let us down...

<DCrying>

200.gif

No, but it doesnt matter anyway, the point was not that women are stronger then men. But that they are capable to respectfully compete at a pro level between themselves, up to the point where they are skilled enough to stand their ground against men. The emphasys here was that they can be higly skilled, and not that they are better then men in equal competition.
I’m not trying to be rude, and I don’t believe you’re being rude at all, but here’s you claiming they could compete with lower ranked men. My point is that historically that is not true, in the case of the Williams sisters, two all-time greats, they weren’t even on the same planet as a run of the mill pair of tennis players from the men’s world.
Their abilities and athleticism do rise from year to year, just as did male mma in its beginnings. I think both genders skills trajectory is comparable. Today there are several women who could stand their ground vs lower ranked males in their division, Id dare to say.

Back