News On This Day: Ronda Rousey Puts Women's MMA In The UFC Spotlight

She's not a phenom. She's an wmma talent, probably the best wmma talent we've seen but she's not a phenom that captures the imagination of the matches. People aren't anticipating her fights. The times she was champion before the ESPN deal, she was selling less than 100,000k ppvs.

I want a phenom, an enigma to return to wmma. It was a fun time when even girls would watch ufc with ou because of ronda. Now a days, if they're not into mma, they're just not into mma.
So it almost doesn’t matter if someone is absurdly talented and matches the literal definition of phenom, you want another person who draws casuals in. I suggest that because the brutality and dominance Nunes brings in is basically unmatched in WMMA history. You throw around words like enigma and phenom and it appears that you define those terms primarily on how many people want to watch her fight. I’d say attracting more casuals to the sport doesn’t make you much more than a WWE character.

She was overhyped at times for sure, but the impact that she made is not to be taken lightly, she put WMMA on the map b4 her no one cared about watching females fight

c8f6cfd17a4a48653713598b37179e28f836b0a3719b242eebc2dea7cd6a485f_1.gif

No dude. I’m not trying to lure anyone into anything.

If you’re saying you wanna keep this thread confined to validating each other’s angst towards WMMA, ok. I was trying to speak more to the idea that you can wish the UFC “do something” about WMMA, and it won’t make it so. I definitely can’t convince you to LIKE WMMA if you don’t, and I don’t really care either. I get the feeling that you resent a contrary opinion, but don’t accuse me of setting up a straw man by setting up a straw man. Carry on bro.

Now this post is more normal.

But your previous one said:
"Some guys truly believe that having a cock n balls, no matter how rudimentary, puts them in untouchable status against any given woman. Megan Anderson is gonna pound that ass out on some Sherbros. And I don’t just mean guys who are smaller stature."

It feels like you're trying to take the high road now, but you did put "some Sherbros" against Megan Anderson for some reason.

If you like WMMA, then more power to you. I guess you're enjoying the new cards way more than I am.

But you did write a bunch of shit in your previous post, and you were white knighting hard.

I still think she'd destroy almost every woman MMA fighter outside of Nunes, Holm, and maybe Cyborg. The last one lost a ton of sheen too in her UFC run.

The only reason Holm is mentioned too is because his strength counters the one dimensional grappling dominance Rousey presents, (she's potentially on something like Cyborg obviously was too imo explaining it). So I'd go further and say Rousey is still very good unlike Royce coming back to fight Hughes or even his prime form put into any era.

I guess it shows the women's game still has a long way to go with technique, s&c, and athletic pool because I do think Rousey would be the 2nd-3rd best fighter at 135 and 145 still.
Shevchenko would definitely kill Ronda.

You don't, and that's too bad.

Most people don't, you're in the minority not me.

Like I told the other dude, if you like WMMA, more power to you, I guess you're getting more entertainment than me while watching these newer cards.

Most people don't, you're in the minority not me.

Like I told the other dude, if you like WMMA, more power to you, I guess you're getting more entertainment than me while watching these newer cards.
You keep telling yourself that bro. Polls have proven you wrong, even here on sherdog. Outside of Sherdog, you're in a much smaller minority. At this point you're just lying to yourself.

You keep telling yourself that bro. Polls have proven you wrong, even here on sherdog. Outside of Sherdog, you're in a much smaller minority. At this point you're just lying to yourself.
Not so sure on that - Sherdawg poll was near 50/50, with fans of outweighing, and a small % of don't care.

Guys c'mon. I get it, you like WMMA. But don't just flat out lie. Like WTF ? :D

Are you claiming that the majority of MMA fans like WMMA?

Are you on crack?

What poll is that? Who voted? This is the first time I'm hearing about this poll.

Guys c'mon. I get it, you like WMMA. But don't just flat out lie. Like WTF ? :D

Are you claiming that the majority of MMA fans like WMMA?

Are you on crack?

I don't care if someone likes it or not. Has no bearing on my enjoyment of MMA. I was stating what numbers here and otherwise have shown. If you care to accept that or not - that's on you.

This kinda of debate is cyclic and goes nowhere. Folks will rally to either side and neither are really wrong as enjoyment of something is not communal...

Enjoy some scraps.

Yeah, and that's fucking Sherdog. The most Anti WMMA platform.
Again with this shit.

That other dude tried to match Sherdoggers with Megan Anderson, and now you're claiming that we're "anti WMMA" ??

What the hell is wrong with you?

If I don't want to watch WMMA I'm anti? Like I'm conspiring to shut down WMMA or some shit? I'm sabotaging WMMA fighters?

Again with this shit.

That other dude tried to match Sherdoggers with Megan Anderson, and now you're claiming that we're "anti WMMA" ??

What the hell is wrong with you?

If I don't want to watch WMMA I'm anti? Like I'm conspiring to shut down WMMA or some shit? I'm sabotaging WMMA fighters?
I don't know who you're talking about, but from what I've seen you're definitely in the "Wmma sucks get it out of the UFC" crowd. That makes you anti-WMMA.

I don't care if someone likes it or not. Has no bearing on my enjoyment of MMA. I was stating what numbers here and otherwise have shown. If you care to accept that or not - that's on you.

This kinda of debate is cyclic and goes nowhere. Folks will rally to either side and neither are really wrong as enjoyment of something is not communal...

Enjoy some scraps.

And you shouldn't care. Like I said, more power to you.

But at the same time why guilt trip people for not wanting to watch?

Most WMMA fans just virtue signal... I feel that they too don't like WMMA as much as they like the idea that they are "someone that supports women" or some shit.

And you shouldn't care. Like I said, more power to you.

Most WMMA fans just virtue signal... I feel that they too don't like WMMA as much as they like the idea that they are "someone that supports women" or some shit.
We just like MMA man. The fact that its' women doing it makes little difference.

I'm not guild tripping anyone. I don't care if a body watches or not.

I was simply standing by Sherdog and other MMA polls.

Stop changing facts.

It does suck.

And are there no WMMA orgs ?
See, there you go. You proved my point. You're anti- WMMA. Not sure why you're even arguing it.

And yes, there are, but women are in every major fighting organization. If most people didn't wanna see it, they fucking wouldn't be. It's as simple as that.

Back