On this day, 10 yrs ago...

OK buddy. CC wasn't even the second best HW of his era and has losses in his prime to Mark Hunt and Kevin Randleman. He was one-dimensional and his achievemevents are often wildly exaggerated.

I really hope you are trolling. :rolleyes:

Time flies. I remember this like it was yesterday. I stayed up till like 6:00AM to see the fight. What an epic battle. Hats off to Fedor he proved why he is the GOAT. CC did well in the stand up (almost landed his trademark LHK) but Fedor dominated on the ground. What a fucking fight. The whole event was epic.

Without a doubt, the most anticipated MMA fight thus far and it was pretty great.

Some idiots like to spoil every thread about it, I see.

I created my first Sherdog account to discuss this fight IIRC

Damn this fight was HUGE at the time, can't believe it was 10 years ago... time flies...

MMA was so much more interesting back then. I still follow the sport because of the resurgence of some of my favorite old-school fighters, but I really miss stomps/soccer kicks... and big events in Japan in general. The atmosphere was great.

It's too bad that I've been to only 2 Fedor fights live, and both were at the end of his career when he was declining (AA and Brett Rogers), but I'll never forget them.

Wanderlei's intro live is also amazing. The 3 times I've seen him live, people went nuts when Sandstorm started playing, everyone stood up and was kicking the floor, in particular at UFC 99 the whole arena was trembling during Wand's intro, shit was crazy.

If you've never been to a live event, don't miss the chance if you get an opportunity, the experience is totally worth it.

RF

FEDOR GOAT

Those were the days, man. I was lucky enough to attend 2 Pride events live (one in Tokyo, the other in the US). Unforgettable. Attending a UFC event is awesome but nothing compares to Pride FC.

Back