On this day, 10 yrs ago...

I wasn't watching MMA back than, but watched it later when lerning about Fedor.

And here's my old shoop about it:

15YXnVg.jpg

the standup portions before the takedown was like the battle of the gods. any mistake couldve meant the end.

CC isn't on that level of greatness though, so regardless of what criteria we're using, it's nowhere near the greatest fight in MMA history.

He was though. Back then he was a machine. This was the biggest possible match-up in any organization and in any weight class.

it was a good fight, but not close to being the best MMA fight ever.

Wow. 10 years ago today I got back into watching mma. My buddy got the ppv and I saw some great fights and fighters. Good stuff.

I remember it well... I have never felt more anticipation for a fight ever

Time flies, I was still a white belt in BJJ back then

Two top heavyweights in their prime clashing like that, showcasing all their strengths and abilities on each other. It is the greatest fight of all time.

was the most highly anticipated match-up in mma history
05eecb598d6eb415fbf06273a8204b66.jpg

and also Shogun's coming out party
afa9t1.gif

shogun_arona.gif

e32c200121cf66599333e4361c0d0f92.jpg

man what a great time in mma that was

the biggest mma event ever to take place (attendance-wise) also happened on this date

[YT]Lr9UiYbIhUk[/YT]
[YT]9veCb1gnQyA[/YT]

nostalgia.

people that say this was not a great fight don't understand how close to a KO both fighters were if any mistakes were made. it's not as flashy as other fights, true, but because it was so much of a battle of wits as it was of actual swinging.

you don't go swinging against a prime fedor or a LHK prime crocop. it was a HUGE fight. i don't remember any like it. for me it's the greatest.

Using what criteria exactly?

If you can't even pick your own criteria maybe don't ridicule other people's picks?

Legendary fight, still one of the greatest fights of all time. Haters are of course gona keep hating.

People who started watching MMA because of a reality show, shouldn't debate MMA with people who started watching MMA, because it's the toughest combat sport...

Wow, dude. Who cares how someone found the sport? As long as they did, and they love it like you do, then you have common ground. To try to separate yourself into some nonexistent upper echelon of fandom because you heard about it from a different source is just stupid.

This fight is one of a kind. THe greatest Super fight in the greatest MMA org PRIDE. Don`t let these trolls get to you TS.

The tension was palpable in this fight.

Why make meaningful posts like this when we could just talk about Ronda Rousey instead?

Back