• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

omg! Weili zhang..impressive

Can we rule out Claudia? Claudia was brought to Shenzhen for some reason.

yes, we can rule out Claudia

A win over Calvillo will just keep her in the top 10, shes a long way from a title shot, especially with a fresh champ.

Weili being champ opens up a whole fresh set of matchups. She's only fought Jessica now out of the top ten and theres been plenty of people mouthing off saying she wasnt ready for a title shot.

Winner of Joanna v Michelle
Rose in the wings
Tatiana

Thats the next three, and if she loses to Joanna (who will beat waterson) or Rose then we have potential for various rematches as well

its really shaken up the division and given loads of fresh opportunities, but, Claudia is not one of those opportunities

IMO she is a perfect style matchup for Weili in Dec. Watch them make this fight. Especially if JJ turns down a short notice fight if she gets past Waterson.

Gadelha is fighting Calvillo in December

WMMA is starting to become more exciting with fights and fighters like these.

yes, we can rule out Claudia

A win over Calvillo will just keep her in the top 10, shes a long way from a title shot, especially with a fresh champ.

Weili being champ opens up a whole fresh set of matchups. She's only fought Jessica now out of the top ten and theres been plenty of people mouthing off saying she wasnt ready for a title shot.

Winner of Joanna v Michelle
Rose in the wings
Tatiana

Thats the next three, and if she loses to Joanna (who will beat waterson) or Rose then we have potential for various rematches as well

its really shaken up the division and given loads of fresh opportunities, but, Claudia is not one of those opportunities

There's a very good reason why the UFC would not give a title shot to Joanna though. She wants to leave the division after having picked up the belt. She has repeated this in numerous interviews.

The UFC wouldn't give GSP another title shot despite him coming back again being huge. They don't want to risk it. I don't think it has anything to do with the integrity of the divisions. Some title shots, like the one Weili got, are a joke, so I think it has to do with them not wanting these guys to make a ton of money off a UFC win with a title even if they only hold onto it for a few weeks.

The UFC's own system in how it manages fighters dictates that they put them into no-win matchups to make them lose and lower their booking price. We know this from the released documents. The UFC themselves, well the Fertittas, admitted that a belt has no value. So you have to look at matchmaking differently than how fans see it.

They either only offer her a no-win title shot (short notice impossible to recover from last fight and get down to weight again (takes 4-8 weeks of sprints just like Dustin)) or no shot at all.

Will see how it plays out.

Some title shots, like the one Weili got, are a joke.

well the problem they had with Weili was she was on a 19 fight win streak and nobody would accept fights against her.

So either:

+ they sat her on the bench with no opponents because nobody would fight her, Waterson was offered it but refuses to leave the US (or we had Joanna claiming she didnt even know who she was)

+ or they fed her ambitious unranked fighters who maybe saw her as a fast track to the top ten but then they damage her standing by feeding her weak opposition

The champ accepted the fight, so the stars aligned. Other girls should have grown some balls

There's a very good reason why the UFC would not give a title shot to Joanna though. She wants to leave the division after having picked up the belt. She has repeated this in numerous interviews.

The UFC wouldn't give GSP another title shot despite him coming back again being huge. They don't want to risk it. I don't think it has anything to do with the integrity of the divisions. Some title shots, like the one Weili got, are a joke, so I think it has to do with them not wanting these guys to make a ton of money off a UFC win with a title even if they only hold onto it for a few weeks.

The UFC's own system in how it manages fighters dictates that they put them into no-win matchups to make them lose and lower their booking price. We know this from the released documents. The UFC themselves, well the Fertittas, admitted that a belt has no value. So you have to look at matchmaking differently than how fans see it.

They either only offer her a no-win title shot (short notice impossible to recover from last fight and get down to weight again (takes 4-8 weeks of sprints just like Dustin)) or no shot at all.

Will see how it plays out.
Joanna doesn't deserve a fucking title shot.

Does this mean the Chinese girl can wear Andrades headdress now that she's assumed her powers?

well the problem they had with Weili was she was on a 19 fight win streak and nobody would accept fights against her.

So either:

+ they sat her on the bench with no opponents because nobody would fight her, Waterson was offered it but refuses to leave the US (or we had Joanna claiming she didnt even know who she was)

+ or they fed her ambitious unranked fighters who maybe saw her as a fast track to the top ten but then they damage her standing by feeding her weak opposition

The champ accepted the fight, so the stars aligned. Other girls should have grown some balls
Joanna refused because the UFC was not interested in making it a title eliminator. Dan Lambert clarified that when he explained Joanna would only take title fights or fights with title implications at 115. The UFC did offer her a fight with title implications.... vs Waterson. But that was for if Andrade won. She made the best decision with what information she had at the time.

Weili and Tatiana both asked for the JJ fight when they knew it wouldn't be accepted. Fair play. It's what they should do and would have been idiots not to cause then you have fans claiming how they were ducked.

Also Joanna could not get a deal done with UFC at all. First there was the obvious threat to leave the promotion. Then they couldn't get her booked vs Waterson. The UFC made it impossible for her to get any fights booked that had any value. She ended up having to sign with Tony's management group. They got the deal done. What the UFC wanted in the first place.

It's politics.

Andrade had a smile on her face when the ref stopped it. She knew she was getting a nice bonus for a few seconds work.
giphy.gif

How's Dana's boot taste like?
I wouldn't know bro, what's you're reasoning for giving Joanna another title shot though? I mean Dana's has giving Joanna every opportunity to get her strap back. I would think you would be more of a Dana fan then me.

Last edited:
Male MMA is becoming more obsolete with each event that passes

Joanna Contender just picked up a 1-Up like Super Mario

I wouldn't know bro, what's you're reasoning for giving Joanna another title shot though?
She only lost to Rose. Won her last fight at 115 vs the same opponent Weili got a title shot off of but did it when it mattered more. Her only other fight since was at 125 on relatively short notice when it isn't even her division vs an opponent who stylistically she is extremely unlikely to ever beat no matter how much preparation she had.

I suppose you would have less problems with it had she been gifted a fight at 125 vs a can like Shevchenko was to get her title shot so she can also look amazing.

Her fight vs Waterson should earn her a title shot. That said who knows what the UFC will do. This is more politics than sport... especially around champions.

Fight was fixed Andrade took a dive

....jk she got fkn wrecked

Back