O'Malley opens at -375 against Almeida?

SirKratos

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
98ac451f801deb5853d4343bb76f85a8.png

To me this is quite insane

Nevermind the fact that Almeida is a potent striker himself, No O'Malley fight odds should have that big of a gap just because of how exploitable his game is. His leg weakness alone should cap him at -250 max

While Sean wilted in his first real step up, Thomas has looked slow, chinny and almost like an entirely different fighter than he was years back. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get knocked out by O'Malley. Then again, it's MMA, and not much surprises me anymore.

Last edited:
While Shane wilted in his first real step up, Thomas has looked slow, chinny and almost like an entirely different fighter than he was years back. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get knocked out by O'Malley. Then again, it's MMA, and not much surprises me anymore.

He looked horrible against Soukhamtath too, literally couldn't stand on his feet on 3rd round

Sounds about right. O’Malley is very quick and surprisingly powerful striker. People think that almost anyone can go in there and kick Suga in the leg and he crumbles. I wish it was that easy!

I think O’Malley showcases his stand up again in this one and (T)KOs Almeida. Almeida came back from a long layoff and didn’t impress me really. Maybe he’s gotten better but it’s a tall task ahead of him.

I enjoy good fights above all so let’s wish both guys get going early and we get a good fight!

Betting lines are swayed by popularity. They are trying to get people to bet on the less popular fighter to even out both sides of the book. Fan favorites are almost never underdogs.

This doesn’t reflect Sean’s actual chance of victory.

Betting lines are swayed by popularity. They are trying to get people to bet on the less popular fighter to even out both sides of the book. Fan favorites are almost never underdogs.

This doesn’t reflect Sean’s actual chance of victory.

<PlusJuan>

I give Tomas a higher chance than that, but not a ton higher.

He's super hittable and didn't look good at all in his return.

o'malleys leg would literally break in half from the first kick almeida lands.

Nevermind the fact that Almeida is a potent striker himself, No O'Malley fight odds should have that big of a gap just because of how exploitable his game is. His leg weakness alone should cap him at -250 max
What's exploitable about his game?

The odds reflect the difference in talent and assumed trajectories of the fighters involved. If you think this is a steal, by all means, bet on it.

Post bet slip. Crazy odds here, if you really believe that you should cash in.

Cody ruined Almeida and derailed the hype train. He hasn't been the same since and if he loses this fight, it's PFL or Bellator for him.

Honestly, I really like O' Malley and think he has real talent, but the dude does seem to be on the fragile side. Dem legs be SKINNY!

it's hard to pick a winner when both guys are basically glass cannons.

While Shane wilted in his first real step up, Thomas has looked slow, chinny and almost like an entirely different fighter than he was years back. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get knocked out by O'Malley. Then again, it's MMA, and not much surprises me anymore.
It's kinda crazy how good he looked then lost to Cody and fell off the wagon. I was hoping to see him come back but it never happened.

Back