• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Olympic Boxing thread: Every night Starting 7/23.

Anybody in the states finding these on TV? I have like 4 or 5 channels that say "2021 Olympics" every night and I've checked those but they never say "boxing" and I have even checked the overnight coverage and such. Thanks in advance.

Anybody in the states finding these on TV? I have like 4 or 5 channels that say "2021 Olympics" every night and I've checked those but they never say "boxing" and I have even checked the overnight coverage and such. Thanks in advance.
You have to watch it in NBC.com otherwise you get tape delay

This Turkish girl is scary

She beat a 14-1 unified pro champ, was taunting her walked her down with hands down

Turkish woman showboating and dominating, as expected

wow Khateyev was impressive

Explosive, broke his nose, 1 punch KOd

What’d you guys think of the ben whittaker decision?

Didn't like it and I also don't rate him particularly highly, feel like neither him nor Machado were particularly sharp but the Brazilian should've taken it on activity. I think Khataev is going to beat him up.

Didn't like it and I also don't rate him particularly highly, feel like neither him nor Machado were particularly sharp but the Brazilian should've taken it on activity. I think Khataev is going to beat him up.
I thought Machado won at least two rounds but not a great performance by either one.

I was impressed with Khataev but I thought in his last bout he was getting picked off a bit at length, even though he clearly won. And Ben is slick and tall so he could make life difficult for Khataev. They both have the perfect counterpart of each others style. I think Khataev will get to him though. That man is a beast.

He broke the guys nose in the first minute of fight.

That's two stoppages he has in this games. He will make a good pro. Reminds me of Beterbiev but with more flare.

Half of Ireland’s medals since 1920 have come from boxing. They get fuck all funding too. Today had a fighter fighting for a medal and RTE didn’t even have fucking commentators for it!!! Disgrace

Oh and the live steam worked for god knows who so fuck all saw it live

the fight to watch at FW is Budtee/Alvarez. The winner of that will probably win the tournament IMO, though Ragan has a shot.

Half of Ireland’s medals since 1920 have come from boxing. They get fuck all funding too. Today had a fighter fighting for a medal and RTE didn’t even have fucking commentators for it!!! Disgrace

Oh and the live steam worked for god knows who so fuck all saw it live

I don't blame them if you watch this guy fight

One of the worst fights I've seen. They had the British telecast though

Didn't burdee get robbed last time
yeah he did, he lost to Nikitin, who was getting gift decisions every which way. Not sure how different Budtee will look with age (he's 36 now), but he's a very good fighter.

Back