• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Olympic Boxing thread: Every night Starting 7/23.

I like Arlen Lopez to win it at light heavy.

Pretty even first round. Oumiha has a nice catch and shoot style

Oumiiha (#1 seed and 2016 silver medalist) was winning and just ate a right hand and got stopped

Premature stoppage but good stoppage against the favorite to win gold

Keyshawn Davis wins by KO

Davis has potential but this stoppage was kind of weird.

Oumiiha (#1 seed and 2016 silver medalist) was winning and just ate a right hand and got stopped

Premature stoppage but good stoppage against the favorite to win gold

Keyshawn Davis wins by KO

he may have beaten the no1 seed but not the favourite or best in the division. Cruz is slick as fck and current double world champ. He’s just clowned Luke McCormack, and oumiha is about Luke’s level. They fought a razor close decision only 2 months ago, in oumihas manor.
That’s the guy he’s got to beat to get gold! From what I’ve seen of both of them, I’d have to favour the Cuban in this format

Last edited:
4 medals already secured by team gb. looking good. Lauren price should get gold. Pat McCormack has every chance as well, as has karriss artingstall, who has her semi in the next hour

Still got Frazier Clarke, galal yafai, and Caroline Dubois in the last 16.
Fraser Clarke’s is a 50/50 with the french HW. Both beaten each other recently.
Yafais got a really tough match up but favour Dubois in her last 16 fight

4 medals already secured by team gb. looking good. Lauren price should get gold. Pat McCormack has every chance as well, as has karriss artingstall, who has her semi in the next hour

Still got Frazier Clarke, galal yafai, and Caroline Dubois in the last 16.
Fraser Clarke’s is a 50/50 with the french HW. Both beaten each other recently.
Yafais got a really tough match up but favour Dubois in her last 16 fight
Artinstall got beaten so it's just a bronze for her. I look forward to McCormack and Fraser tomorrow.

Just bet on Khataev to win gold @8.00

I like Arlen Lopez to win it at light heavy.

Khataev has looked like a monster but Lopez is really slick and has the perfect style to thwart Khataev. I think the Cuban will eke out a win. I think Khataev will handle Whittaker fairly easily tomorrow based on Whitaker lazy last display. I'm also going to put some down on Khataev, those are great odds.

Last edited:
Artinstall got beaten so it's just a bronze for her. I look forward to McCormack and Fraser tomorrow.

I thought she was unlucky, but no home town decision. It was very close
As per my initial post, Lauren price is gonna win gold. I’ve seen her a few times recently and she’s a class above. The only fighter at her weight I’m not familiar with is the Chinese girl, I don’t think they’ve ever fought. She’s m been beating all the other top girls pretty comfortably

Clarke’s got a tough fight. The french fella beat him recently in a very close fight. That was in Paris though so at least this is at a neutral location. The winner likely gets jalalov.

1 of those 3 will win it imo, probably jalalov

Price and McCormack have a good chance of gold.
Clarke and yafai could well medal, but both have tough fights. Yafai beat his Cuban opponent when they recently fought. I think Dubois will make the semis but will also have a tough fight with the Irish girl if she does, whose the gold medal favourite. She lost 2 her recently but it was a close fight.

I don’t see Whittaker going any further than bronze.

I think we gonna come away with 6 medals, which would be a really good haul

Last edited:
Our Aussie guy really only scraped it tonight

I'm not sure if I'd even have given that

And I'm saying that as someone who firmly believes both Skye Nicolson and our lhw were robbed

Our Aussie guy really only scraped it tonight

I'm not sure if I'd even have given that

And I'm saying that as someone who firmly believes both Skye Nicolson and our lhw were robbed

Nicholson lost a close fight, which possibly could’ve gone either way. Just like artingstalls loss to the Japanese girl in the semis today. it happens often in 3 round fights
Certainly not a robbery, unless you were watching with your waltzing Matilda glasses on

Nicholson lost a close fight, which possibly could’ve gone either way. Just like artingstalls loss to the Japanese girl in the semis today. Certainly not a robbery, unless you were watching with your waltzing Matilda glasses on
It was a close fight but Skye undoubtedly won that

Back