Olympians Who Bombed in the UFC?

ufcfan1986

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Are there any?

I figure if you're good enough to make it to the Olympics than you can at least hang in the UFC. However, there's of course no MMA in the Olympics and just because you're a great wrestler, judoist, etc. doesn't necessarily mean you'll be a great MMA fighter. I didn't research the question at all, so I'm just curious :)

Christophe Leininger, arguably.

Darrell Gholar, arguably.

daniel cormier. got ran out of the HW division and then got son'd by daddy jones

Kevin Jackson

Won a 4-man tournament, but got subbed in like 20 seconds by Frank Shamrock, then subbed by Jerry Bohlander.

Kevin Jackson was underwhelming.

Sara McMann maybe. She maybe didn't bomb being 4-3 in the UFC but a bit underwhelming nonetheless.

Sara McMann maybe. She maybe didn't bomb being 4-3 in the UFC but a bit underwhelming nonetheless.
I wouldn't say bombed, her losses are all to former/current champions and she just subbed a fighter who was top 5 for ages (including just before her layoff).

Outside the UFC, Ishii is a good example of Olympian not living up to their hype.

Mike Van Arsdale... He started MMA kind of late but was a decorated wrestler and olympic alternate

Yoelito Romero bombed his shorts if that counts

I always lol when this topic comes up and people name Kevin Jackson (...because he lost! (to the best fighter in the world)) and Sara McMann (...because she lost! (to the best female fighter in the world))

shows you how high the bar is set for inclusion in one of those 'complete and utter abject failure at MMA' clickbait pieces when you're an Olympic wrassler

Not really "bombed," but cejudo hasn't really been what I thought he would be.

Back