Olympians Who Bombed in the UFC?

Rulon Gardner in Pride (1-0) beat Hidehiko Yoshida.

Hector Lombard
He has good wins. He didn't come close to bombing.
daniel cormier. got ran out of the HW division and then got son'd by daddy jones
Run out of HW? He was undefeated there smart guy. Jones is is only loss. Losing once to the top P4P fighter by decision and otherwise being undefeated is "bombing" to this guy. Sheesh.

Miesha fucking Tate is probably like the 3rd best female BW ever after Ronda and Nunes. Yeah she has losses to others but she's more accomplished than them and the only 2 time champion. lol
She's mediocre at everything and falls ass backwards into wins thanks to her opponents' shortcomings.

She's mediocre at everything and falls ass backwards into wins thanks to her opponents' shortcomings.
She's awesome at wrestling and great on the ground, you're a Tater.

They do better in mma than they do on ANW. Nothing but epic failure over there.

Are there any?

I figure if you're good enough to make it to the Olympics than you can at least hang in the UFC. However, there's of course no MMA in the Olympics and just because you're a great wrestler, judoist, etc. doesn't necessarily mean you'll be a great MMA fighter. I didn't research the question at all, so I'm just curious :)

Is this part of your research?

Miesha fucking Tate is probably like the 3rd best female BW ever after Ronda and Nunes. Yeah she has losses to others but she's more accomplished than them and the only 2 time champion. lol
Her fight against Pena was one of the worst displays I've ever seen, shows how horrible the talent pool is for womens sports, including Olympic wrestling.

Most of ya'll too young to remember Shamrock vs Jackson. It was an epic son moment where an overconfident olympic wrestler said WTFZOR?

Her fight against Pena was one of the worst displays I've ever seen, shows how horrible the talent pool is for womens sports, including Olympic wrestling.
I think you mean Pennington, and Tate was done by then.

She submitted Marloes Coenan and outwrestled Sara McMann. She also grappled with Rousey for well over a round. Stop acting like you have any idea what you're talking about. You sound brain damaged.

Sara McMann maybe. She maybe didn't bomb being 4-3 in the UFC but a bit underwhelming nonetheless.

Especially considering the level of talent at 135 she should have done much better

Back