Olympians Who Bombed in the UFC?

Matt Lindland had a good career, but he never lived up to his expectations. He was promoted to become champ in the UFC, but always lost the real big fights.

For sure. Olympic wrestler and she gets out-wrestled by Miesha fucking Tate.

Miesha fucking Tate is probably like the 3rd best female BW ever after Ronda and Nunes. Yeah she has losses to others but she's more accomplished than them and the only 2 time champion. lol

Dan Henderson bombed in the UFC.

He actually H-bombed.

H-bombed Michael Bisping, to be specific.

maxresdefault.jpg

[DickMode]

What was Darrell Gholar's UFC record?
What was Darrell Gholar's best placing at the Olympics?

[/DickMode]

When I wrote arguably I meant between people who actually cared enough to argue about it.

Cheers luv
<7>

I always lol when this topic comes up and people name Kevin Jackson (...because he lost! (to the best fighter in the world)) and Sara McMann (...because she lost! (to the best female fighter in the world))

shows you how high the bar is set for inclusion in one of those 'complete and utter abject failure at MMA' clickbait pieces when you're an Olympic wrassler

Seriously. Saying Kevin Jackson bombed is insane. He was actually a damn good fighter and if you go and watch some of his fights he had a surprisingly good grasp of submission grappling. Especially considering his background and the time period.

When I wrote arguably I meant between people who actually cared enough to argue about it.

Cheers luv
<7>
Yeah, that's why I had to say arguably. He was a beast and a tough bastard.

He was never an Olympian though. However, I don't make much of a fuss trying to distinguish the legitimacy of a wrestler who competed at worlds vs a wrestler who competed at the Olympics. Its very close to the same thing.

Since theres not too many to choose from, lets split hairs. Akiyama. He was Olympic caliber in judo. Sokodjou was close too. Won Nationals here in the States twice.

He was never an Olympian though. However, I don't make much of a fuss trying to distinguish the legitimacy of a wrestler who competed at worlds vs a wrestler who competed at the Olympics. Its very close to the same thing.

I'm counting Olympic alternates because the original question is completely idiotic if you don't.

If you want to go with MMA as a whole, there's Pawel Nastula.

Went 1-3 in PRIDE and pissed hot for roids.

I always lol when this topic comes up and people name Kevin Jackson (...because he lost! (to the best fighter in the world)) and Sara McMann (...because she lost! (to the best female fighter in the world))
Sarah never fought Cyborg.

Townsend Saunders
Olympic silver medal and 0-2 in the UFC

Miesha fucking Tate is probably like the 3rd best female BW ever after Ronda and Nunes. Yeah she has losses to others but she's more accomplished than them and the only 2 time champion. lol

Some more interesting facts about Miesha is she's never successfully defended a title and tapped out both times she tried.

What about yoshida in pride?

He was 6-5-1 and with the company til the end so he didn't exactly bomb. A decent pick though.

Eldar Kurtanidze was a 2x Olympic medalist in wrestling and 0-1 in PRIDE after Fujita KOd him.

Some more interesting facts about Miesha is she's never successfully defended a title and tapped out both times she tried.
Neither did other great fighters with awesome resumes like Werdum, Rockhold and Alvarez.

Miesha is a WMMA legend.

Back