• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Oliver Anthony 'aggravated' by conservative news and GOP politicians identifying with his song.

Please show us where I was slobbering over this guy… or kindly fuck off. Thanks.

I'll kindly hang around my own thread at my own pleasure, champ.

So you can sit there and like it, or fuck off out of my thread.

If you think it's anti-christian then take it up with your Sound Of Freedom star Jimmy. I don't know what to tell ya.

Find quotes of me saying what I 'wanted him to be' if you can't then you are talking complete shit and you can be disregarded.

Again, I had to Google the guy. Why don't you just hold me accountable for things I say, I'm not here to defend every schmuck that you claim that I support.

Find quotes? You aren't even important enough for me to figure what your original 3 accounts where before you came up with this incarnation of an account.

Though you sound familiar to a couple of posters in the past that liked to assign their own strawmen to others.

Last edited:
Oliver Anthony should be thrilled that Conservatives are embracing and promoting his song, because it is one of the worst things that I have ever wasted 3 minutes listening too.

Find quotes? You aren't even important enough for me to figure what your original 3 accounts where before you came up with incarnation of an account.

Though you sound familiar to a couple of posters in the past that liked to assign their own strawmen to others.

So you admit you ascribed things to me I never said based on your paranoid delusions of supposed former accounts?

Thanks for clarifying your dishonest lunacy, I can go ahead and never take you seriously again.

So you’ve got nothing to support your asinine claims and are just spouting nonsense, figures.

Why don't you tell me to fuck off again in my own thread, see if I actually go anywhere.

He is “aggravated” by being associated with conservatives and politics, when his song was clearly political and critical of the current regime …

He is either very confused or a coward as he is apologizing to the leftist mob after clearly making a politically charged song.

He is just as bad as Ne-yo, Black Rifle Coffee Company etc. No backbone.

<{hughesimpress}>

He is “aggravated” by being associated with conservatives and politics, when his song was clearly political and critical of the current regime …

He is either very confused or a coward as he is apologizing to the leftist mob after clearly making a politically charged song.

<{hughesimpress}>
I love how you guys are angry he's backing off on being perceived as a misinformed bigot.

I love how you guys are angry he's backing off on being perceived as a misinformed bigot.

His cowardly backtracking alone should draw condemnation from everyone.

He really didn’t have to post or justify anything to anyone. He could have just let his song speak for itself. Instead he has to come out and bow down to the mob and apologize … f**king weak.

<{hughesimpress}>

@PainIsLIfe already laid it out that the man has no loyalty to a political party and was making a song about the working class. It was dumb of news outlets to try and make it an anthem for them when he clearly doesn't identify with them.

Lol at @PhitePhan liking your post after liking this post earlier:

This is the hog slobbering I was talking about earlier. @PhitePhan you were praising him for being independent minded, and now cheerleading posters calling him a no backbone coward.

@PainIsLIfe already laid it out that the man has no loyalty to a political party and was making a song about the working class. It was dumb of news outlets to try and make it an anthem for them when he clearly doesn't identify with them.

Lol at @PhitePhan liking your post after liking this post earlier:

This is the hog slobbering I was talking about earlier. @PhitePhan you were praising him for being independent minded, and now cheerleading posters calling him a no backbone coward.

It follows a long trend of other famous people saying something conservative or “controversial” to the left, only to come out and make an apology on Twitter.

Ne-yo, the Black Rifle Coffee Company, that guitarist from Mumford and Sons, the LA Dodgers, that woman from the airplane … these are just off the top of my head! There are a lot more!

Why can’t anyone famous just hold a conservative opinion, without having to backtrack and apologize for it?

It’s pathetic.

It follows a long trend of other famous people saying something conservative or “controversial” to the left, only to come out and make an apology on Twitter.

His lyrics are about poor working class people being screwed over by rich politicians. There isn't anything inherently partisan about that song. A bunch of conservative news orgs and social media outlets projected their own politics on the song. Oliver noticed this and put out the video to correct them and they got mad. He's not a conservative, he's made other statements prior to this stating how he doesn't fit into a left/right box.

You can keep bringing up Ne-Yo and Black Rifle but this isn't a comparable situation.

His lyrics are about poor working class people being screwed over by rich politicians. There isn't anything inherently partisan about that song. A bunch of conservative news orgs and social media outlets projected their own politics on the song. Oliver noticed this and put out the video to correct them and they got mad. He's not a conservative, he's made other statements prior to this stating how he doesn't fit into a left/right box.

You can keep bringing up Ne-Yo and Black Rifle but this isn't a comparable situation.

My point is, is that he didn’t necessarily have to justify anything to anyone. He could have just let his song settle and speak for itself.

Anyway, not to beat a dead horse …

My point is, is that he didn’t necessarily have to justify anything to anyone. He could have just let his song settle and speak for itself.

Anyway, not to beat a dead horse …

No that wasn't your point, you're shifting goalposts. You said he was apologizing when he did nothing of the sort. If you're so gung ho on free speech then celebrate the man's right to speak his mind about his own music. He made it about rich-ass politicians and is saying it's funny those same rich ass politicians have so little self-awareness they are playing it like some sort of theme song. There is difference between justification and clarification, and you already know that.

Back