Oliveiras test come back negative for major injury

I never said he gave up, i simply asked the question whether or not you believe he did or not.

Reading comprehension is not a strong suit of sherdog posters :)

I'm quite certain my reading comprehension surpasses yours after this last post.

Even asking the question is stupid. You asked the question - thus - you did a stupid thing.

Nobody quits in a fight unless they're losing. Nobody was winning that fight yet so it illogical to conclude, by any stretch of the imagination, that Oliveira gave up because of adversity.

He was injured bad enough to go down to the ground like a zombie, get taken out on a stretcher and spend a couple of days in the hospital.

That's not how looking for a way out of a fight looks.

I'm quite certain my reading comprehension surpasses yours after this last post.

Even asking the question is stupid. You asked the question - thus - you did a stupid thing.

Nobody quits in a fight unless they're losing. Nobody was winning that fight yet so it illogical to conclude, by any stretch of the imagination, that Oliveira gave up because of adversity.

He was injured bad enough to go down to the ground like a zombie, get taken out on a stretcher and spend a couple of days in the hospital.

That's not how looking for a way out of a fight looks.

So you believe he didn't look for a way out. See that wasn't so hard. :)

I never said he gave up, i simply asked the question whether or not you believe he did or not.
You're hiding behind semantics here. You posed a clearly leading question toghether with source material which you obviously believed supported what you think the answer to this question is.

"I merely asked a question"

No, you're merely being a coward.

You're hiding behind semantics here. You posed a clearly leading question toghether with source material which you obviously believed supported what you think the answer to this question is.

"I merely asked a question"

No, you're merely being a coward.

Are you implying that im trying to create controversy in my thread?

How dare you!

I'm still more pissed about the fact Holloway acted like his favorite team just won the Super Bowl.

Hey TS, ever have a tear in your esoph-agus? I have.... you feel like someone just stabbed you in the center of your chest..... for nearly a week. I had to be essentially under for a week and an IV put in because taking water orally essentially made me pass out. And what I had was described as "not major".

So if what he had is anything like what I had, I 100% understand why he laid down and didn't want to fight. This is a man with over 20 professional fights in his career. He felt severe pain and laid down to err on the side of caution. Smart move.

I'm still more pissed about the fact Holloway acted like his favorite team just won the Super Bowl.

While it was a little cringeworthy, it is also understandable. He is training to take on someone that's supposed to hurt him. He comes into a cage with all this pent-up fear and "flight or fight" running through his body.... and there's a release when you realize you won.

Real injuries have names.

I remember San Fran playing the Giants back in the day and Montana got crushed by a defensive lineman. A bit later in the broadcast the sideline reporter said the medical report was that Montana "hurt everywhere" and that his return was questionable.

Disclaimer: Gif may not exactly match the anecdote
pyWyjsG.gif

Hey TS, ever have a tear in your esoph-agus? I have.... you feel like someone just stabbed you in the center of your chest..... for nearly a week. I had to be essentially under for a week and an IV put in because taking water orally essentially made me pass out. And what I had was described as "not major".

So if what he had is anything like what I had, I 100% understand why he laid down and didn't want to fight. This is a man with over 20 professional fights in his career. He felt severe pain and laid down to err on the side of caution. Smart move.

While it was a little cringeworthy, it is also understandable. He is training to take on someone that's supposed to hurt him. He comes into a cage with all this pent-up fear and "flight or fight" running through his body.... and there's a release when you realize you won.

How would a ufc doctor know he had a tear in his eso****us if oliveira went straight to the hospital from the stretcher, with no tests done?

He couldn't.

I think the point of the article is he had no eso****eal tear.

I highly doubt an eso****eal tear would be considered minor. I worked in a hospital for 7 years, although i never personally saw it, im pretty sure it would be considered a major injury, considering it can lead to infection and in most cases requires surgery or a stent.

Beyond that an eso****eal tear from blunt trauma is extraordinarily rare

Cliffs for the retarded:

-Esophaqus tear is a major injury
-Charles Olivera did not tear his esophaqus
-TS is a retard
-Petey needs to stop taking estrogen pills
-Super painful but most likely he's ok

How would a ufc doctor know he had a tear in his eso****us if oliveira went straight to the hospital from the stretcher, with no tests done?

He couldn't.

I think the point of the article is he had no eso****eal tear.

I highly doubt an eso****eal tear would be considered minor. I worked in a hospital for 7 years, although i never personally saw it, im pretty sure it would be considered a major injury, considering it can lead to infection and in most cases requires surgery or a stent.

While I never worked at a hospital, my doctor listed esoph-agus tear as one of three possible injuries on the spot. An endoscapy was done 6 days later when the pain persisted.

When you note severe pain during swallowing and point to your neck or chest, apparently that's a giveaway. Also, it certainly is not considered major, as my wait time was exactly the same as Charles' wait time.... and that wait time suuuuuuuucked. Every time you swallow is like getting stabbed. Only thing even close to it is strep throat, but that you can somewhat sooth. The esoph-agus tear is impossible to remedy with topicals.

are we this jaded? I wonder if terry etim pretended that the barboza wheel kick hurt him just a way to get out of the fight.

LOL this reminded me of when Maynard knocked himself out while taking down Emerson, then said he was not out and just resting.

LOL this reminded me of when Maynard knocked himself out while taking down Emerson, then said he was not out and just resting.

Honestly i think he really believed it,I dont think he was trying to lie. If you ask him now im sure he would say differently lol

Very solid points, both about Oliviera's injury and Holloway's celebration.

Plain as day says he has a mico tear

I know people are dumb..but surely not this dumb

Cliffs for the retarded:

-Esophaqus tear is a major injury
-Charles Olivera did not tear his esophaqus
-TS is a retard
-Petey needs to stop taking estrogen pills
-Super painful but most likely he's ok

This is really the only substantial point in the whole thread and ought to be easily cleared up from a factual standpoint.

If Oliviera did not tear his eso****us and is cleared for other injuries, then it seems fair game to ask why he stopped fighting. I'm not saying it proves he is soft, but we would need to talk about exactly what happened in that fight.

If Oliviera did have an eso****us tear, then I fully support his decision to wave off Holloway.

Plain as day says he has a mico tear

I know people are dumb..but surely not this dumb
Why don't you read this sentence again before you start calling people dumb. I mean really read it. The irony

"Although his manager, Wade Hampel, told MMAjunkie that Oliveira suffered a

Something was obviously wrong and he felt he needed to stop the fight for his own safety. I dont fault the guy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back