Oliveiras test come back negative for major injury

the article also says this
Although his manager, Wade Hampel, told MMAjunkie that Oliveira suffered a “micro-tear” in his eso****us, necessitating a five-day wait period before considering surgery, the promotion announced “preliminary test results for major chest, neck or throat injuries were negative.”

The way the article is written makes it seem like there actually was no tear. It could be just poorly written...which really isn't that surprising for mma journalism.

I don't think he quit at all. He seemed genuinely injured. When it happened live I immediately thought he got stinger.

People actually think Oliveira decided he didn't want to fight or something and just sat down and quit?

Wow..

So does he have a small tear or fucking not? Because it's a really, really weird injury. You usually see it in older people who are alcoholics or heavy smokers, and also bulimics. Charles really doesn't fit any of those criteria, so I just want to know what happened.

I don't think he quit because: a) he's shown toughness in fights before where he was hurt like against FE and b) nothing had really happened in that fight yet. So I just want to know what the doctors actually found wrong.

If I got my throat torn in a fight, I think the pain would be awful - look at these idiots saying Olivera quit lol. It's almost as bad as the morons who claim guys who tap out to submissions, 'quit'

Its up to the reader to dexw

25p4j0z.gif

If he did have an eso****eal tear, which it sounds like he did not, blame MMAjunkie for making it sound as if he was not injured. Don't shoot the messanger brahs

lame, it was probably a nerve pinch.

to the peeps saying he quit, why would he? the fight was pretty even when it happened.

Nothing had really happened until the TD. A few punches, nothing special.

This is a lame attempt at fighter bashing imo, calling him a quitter.

No one who would quit from a few basic exchanges could ever make it past a first MMA fight. Something was obviously wrong. This is a ridiculous thread.

If he did have an eso****eal tear, which it sounds like he did not, blame MMAjunkie for making it sound as if he was not injured. Don't shoot the messanger brahs

We can blame the messenger for misreading something that was poorly written and then expanding on it. Yes, yes we can.

We can blame the messenger for misreading something that was poorly written and then expanding on it. Yes, yes we can.

Im going to disagree, i could be wrong but...

I think the ufc doctor took a guess at what the injury was, because oliveira went straight to the hospital in a stretcher and never left until last night. There is no way a ufc doctor could have come up with the prognosis that fast without any tests.

The tests revealed no major injury. A micro tear ih the eso****us is a major injury.

Just my opinion but i think he had a minor injury, thought it was something major but turned out it wasn't.

Time will tell

Petey is super sensitive about this which makes it so much more interesting! Thanks for keeping threads filled with drama bro!

That being said, thinking he would quit so quickly is pretty whack. It's obvious he felt like 'something' was wrong, whether he turned out to be injured or not. I don't fault him, gotta look out for yourself.

Also
I think the ufc doctor took a guess at what the injury was, because oliveira went straight to the hospital in a stretcher and never left until last night. There is no way a ufc doctor could have come up with the prognosis that fast without any tests.

The tests revealed no major injury. A micro tear ih the eso****us is a major injury.

Just my opinion but i think he had a minor injury, thought it was something major but turned out it wasn't.

Time will tell
That should be read by everyone. The UFC doc, all respect to him, was likely just shining a pen-light into the back of dudes throat and made an educated guess. Without any diagnostic or testing equipment, he really didn't know.

i cant understand why anyone is questioning wether or not he was badly injured. If he wasnt,he wouldnt have stopped.
This. The dude dropped his hands and didn't even cover up, he just stopped and collapsed, with blood coming from his nose. Oliveira was definitely hurting, no matter what anyone else says.

I don't know how you could see a guy close his eyes in the middle of a sight and slowly turn away while clutching his neck and think he just "quit".

To even ask it is retarded.

He was on the ground for several minutes after the fight. Whether he pinched a nerve in his neck or bulged a disk or tore his eso-pha-gus doesn't matter. Nobody was winning that fight yet. Do you seriously think he gave up after a single defended takedown????

IQ: Inanimate Objects > TS

I don't know how you could see a guy close his eyes in the middle of a sight and slowly turn away while clutching his neck and think he just "quit".

To even ask it is retarded.

He was on the ground for several minutes after the fight. Whether he pinched a nerve in his neck or bulged a disk or tore his eso-pha-gus doesn't matter. Nobody was winning that fight yet. Do you seriously think he gave up after a single defended takedown????

IQ: Inanimate Objects > TS

I never said he gave up, i simply asked the question whether or not you believe he did or not.

Reading comprehension is not a strong suit of sherdog posters :)

People actually think Oliveira decided he didn't want to fight or something and just sat down and quit?

Wow..

And just "allowed" himself to be stretchered out of the arena and then spend a couple of days in hospital, too :rolleyes:

And it is a fighters choice to be in there. If at any point they can't continue, they can quit...It doesn't matter how bad of an injury it is.

i hope these ********* tears dont fuck up anyone more

Back