Oliveiras test come back negative for major injury

VroomyJeeps

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
"Although his manager, Wade Hampel, told MMAjunkie that Oliveira suffered a

Sweet.

By the way dopey, he had a "real" injury, just not a "major" one.

He still had a tear of the esophagus.

Something was definitely weird. He did the right thing and didn't risk continuing. Weird feelings in body parts is ten times more dangerous than just pain.

It's a shame idiots like you will call him a quitter and looking for a way out.

The way the article is worded, it sounds as if he did not have any eso****eal tear. That would be considered a major injury

TS is the definition of a basement inhabiting keyboard warrior.

Something was definitely weird. He did the right thing and didn't risk continuing. Weird feelings in body parts is ten times more dangerous than just pain.

It's a shame idiots like you will call him a quitter and looking for a way out.

Learn to read. Im simply asking the question of whether or not you believe he was badly injured.

Lets not pretend he has never given up in a fight before. Just asking the question brah

He still could have had a stinger. He said his body went numb. No way he could fight on with a stinger.

The way the article is worded, it sounds as if he did not have any eso****eal tear. That would be considered a major injury

That's what you get for trying to infer medical categorization from vague MMA journalism.

We should all thanks that Lord Jesus guy that Max was talking about.

Oliveria quits when he's getting hit. He's good against middle of the pack guys, but above average guys will make him quit.

Sweet.

By the way dopey, he had a "real" injury, just not a "major" one.

He still had a tear of the esophagus.

not sure about that. esophagus tears almost always require at least minor surgery to repair.

lame, it was probably a nerve pinch.

to the peeps saying he quit, why would he? the fight was pretty even when it happened.

Was this another case of oliveira showing he gives up easily if he encounters any adversity in a fight?

Btw this is a moronic statement, if you had seen his last fight earlier this year with Nik Lentz, which was an absolute war.

That's what you get for trying to infer medical categorization from vague MMA journalism.

The report did not mention any specific injury. Its basically inferring he was not injured at all. If he had an eso****eal tear i can only imagine it would have been mentioned.

If they can't state what the specific injury is, than its not bad.

Maybe it felt bad at the time. Only oliveira knows for sure

The report did not mention any specific injury. Its basically inferring he was not injured at all.

Yeah, like when the article said this

Hampel said today that Oliveira was simply monitoring his injury

Maybe work more on reading, and less on trying to call cagefighters wimps.

i cant understand why anyone is questioning wether or not he was badly injured. If he wasnt,he wouldnt have stopped.

are we this jaded? I wonder if terry etim pretended that the barboza wheel kick hurt him just a way to get out of the fight.

Yeah, like when the article said this

Maybe work more on reading, and less on trying to call cagefighters wimps.

That could mean anything. Real injuries have names. Broken arm, torn rotator cuff, sprained ligament etc.

For all i know he could be monitoring a sore collar bone.

Again im not saying hes a wimp, i simply asked the question of whether or not you believe he quit, or whether you believe he was badly hurt. Its up to the reader to dexw , i simply asked the question

Back