Oleksandr Usyk signs with K2

What do you mean? Yes, I do agree that Usyk is not a natural hw, therefore he wouldn't be as much effective as in cruserweight, but guy definitely has talent,technique and power. It's up to him to unfold his potential. Look what boxers like Haye or Adamek have done so far. They are also small fighters (not natural heavyweights) yet managed to dominate the division, which isn't full of promising rising stars like you have just said IMO. The heavyweight division is lacking talent big time. Just look at how many average fighters have perfect (*or almost perfect) records on top of the ladder and what %-age of them are actually cruserweights.

I actually disagree with the power. Usyk doesn't seem to have good power at his weight class. Haye and Adamek had tons more power and skills than Usyk and also they were able to use their smaller size and superior movement against bigger guys. Unless Usyk becomes some sort of Mayweather of the heavyweight division with great movement and his ok, not good, but ok power, then maybe he can have decent success but once he reaches the top heavyweights four years from now, he's going to get crushed, unless he puts on more size and power and maintains his quickness and movement.

How in the world do you see Arreola beating Usyk?

Arreola is bigger, stronger and has a huge punch and decent chin. Usyk won't give him problems that he can't handle. Also, Arreola has much more experience. Arreola would destroy Usyk at this point. Usyk is 6 years younger and the only way he would beat Arreola is if he fights him years from now when Arreola is in his mid 30s and a shell of himself.

No shit.. Arreola, a guy with a 36-3 professional record, would be a favourite against a guy just coming out of the amateurs? So strange.

Let Usyk build up a record and get used to the pros, then you'll be able to tell what's happening. I personally hope they take him the Pulev route and give him hard, but winnable fights from the start.

I liked the pictures and captions. I laughed and clapped the whole thread through. I have nothing else to offer to the conversation.

I liked the pictures and captions. I laughed and clapped the whole thread through. I have nothing else to offer to the conversation.

Thank you, my good man.... thank you.

1.gif

Concert has broken out.

Damn stream.
Usyk is pretty light on his feet.

Yeah Usyk is in a good shape. Very lean.
Good start of the professional career so far. I don't know much about his opponent though. He hung in there, looks like a tough dude.

Usyk wins by TKO and I missed it.
Vacant IBO LHW title up next between Vyacheslav Uzelkov and Jaidon Codrington

The Ukrainian TKO's(ref ways it off) the Don in six.

Lulled into complete confusion.... Russo stumbles back to his corner.... bewitched by Usyk's snake charmer movements:

P18-120813-328r.jpg

Barman i just saw these. I am crying......good stuff... :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Here's the fight for those that missed it.

Thought I'd bump this as he just fought this weekend. Looked good again. I like the way he uses lots of lighter shots to set up his bigger punches. Nice technical approach to getting the finish. Nice body shots.

Here's the fight in full
[YT]wAvNT-TJt7o[/YT]

Back