Oil change... do you do your own or have it done?

The performance shop I go to uses this, so that's what I have in mine.
ZRT.jpg

They also use Wix filters.

We're going around in circles, buddy.
The previous broke ass dude already called me feminine.

I save money by doing my own oil changes. Where's your logic son? I do it because I don't want dumb kids screwing up my vehicles. The money saved in doing your own oil changes is fairly minimal until one of them strips the threads in your oil pan or oil pump.

I'm sorry I forgot how much of a wuss you are and how you probably don't understand the terminology. The oil pan is the pan on the bottom of the engine that holds the oil. The oil pump is what pumps oil to lubricate the various parts of the engine that need lubrication so you don't get stranded on the road when driving to your ballet class.

Do you call a real man to come out and change your tire when you blow one on the highway too?

Who doesn't own a car in which the oil is covered under warranty?

People stopped changing their own oil in like 2000

I save money by doing my own oil changes. Where's your logic son? I do it because I don't want dumb kids screwing up my vehicles. The money saved in doing your own oil changes is fairly minimal until one of them strips the threads in your oil pan or oil pump.

I'm sorry I forgot how much of a wuss you are and how you probably don't understand the terminology. The oil pan is the pan on the bottom of the engine that holds the oil. The oil pump is what pumps oil to lubricate the various parts of the engine that need lubrication so you don't get stranded on the road when driving to your ballet class.

Do you call a real man to come out and change your tire when you blow one on the highway too?

I don't care about your super manly car terminology.

I drive an expensive car and wear a nice suit most of the time. When I need something done, I contact someone like you to do the dirty work for me. Everybody wins.

But if you want man points for it, by all means.

Take it to a BP to get it changed. They also throw in a free car wash

I drive an expensive car and wear a nice suit most of the time. When I need something done, I contact someone like you to do the dirty work for me. Everybody wins.

Just remember that the guys doing the work for you are banging out whatever woman you have that's pretending to like you.

I've only been to an oil change place once, when I got the car (winter beater) out of storage to immediately go on a road trip with it.

A cute emo girl with a black tank top and tight jeans was changing my oil filter. It felt weird watching a girl work on my car for the 1st time ever.

For $35 you get that recycled oil which from what I hear isn't great for your engine.

I pay for mine, or have my dad do it for me ^_^

Ooo you can change your oil and a flat tire, you're such a manly man.

Ooo you can change your oil and a flat tire, you're such a manly man.

I can do a hell of a lot more than that broski. It's called being able to fix your own shit and not rely on other men to take care of your possessions for you.

Might want to run back to Jiffy Lube and get your man card back from that 16 year old Sophmore.

I can do a hell of a lot more than that broski. It's called being able to fix your own shit and not rely on other men to take care of your possessions for you.

Might want to run back to Jiffy Lube and get your man card back from that 16 year old Sophmore.

When the time comes and you can't fix it I could be your hero baby...
But in all seriousness, I'm a mechanic for a living.

Do you do your own oil changes or do you take your car to a place? I used to just go to this one shop to get it done until the last time when they tried to screw me over. I always check the oil and the filter after every oil change to see if they did replace it and they didn't replace the filter, yet charged me for it. So, now I'm back to doing it myself. I used to think it wasn't worth the hassle of doing it yourself. Just pay $35 and they'll do all the work, including the disposal/recycling of the oil.

Depends on how much time I have and what the weather is doing. :icon_chee

You drove an expensive car, but trust minimum wage kids with its upkeep.

This is why your car will not go 150k.

I have others do it for me because I don't like to get dirty and I don't want to have to haul the old oil off to recycle. No excuses.

Back