Law Ohio House passes bill allowing student answers to be scientifically wrong due to religion

PolishHeadlock2

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
From the people that bitched about Common Core math

https://local12.com/news/local/ohio...rs-to-be-scientifically-wrong-due-to-religion

COLUMBUS, Ohio (WKRC) - Ohio lawmakers are weighing in on how public schools can teach things like evolution.

The Ohio House on Wednesday passed the "Student Religious Liberties Act." Under the law, students can't be penalized if their work is scientifically wrong as long as the reasoning is because of their religious beliefs.

Instead, students are graded on substance and relevance.

Every Republican in the House supported the bill. It now moves to the Republican-controlled Senate.

Wow, so an answer like the earth is 6000 years old would be correct? Jesus Christ

So far beyond the previously known limits of retardation that I really don't know what to say
It's funny, but also really seriously fucked

Holy sweet Jesus, lol.

I thought Mississippi was taking the crown from Florida, but Ohio has fucking announced. It's like when Nick came back to the UFC.

This is dumb
If you want that go to private school

I think a lot of GOP state legislatures have gotten emboldened by Trump's nominations to the SCOTUS so now they're taking advantage and trying to pass laws they might've figured would've got shot down before if take to the highest court. That certainly seems to be the case with the wave of abortion bills, as for this not as sure if that's at play but that's what came to mind for me.

So if I believe in the flying spaghetti monster and the flying spaghetti monster doesn't believe in linear algebra, can we fix my math grade from my freshman year of high school?

On a real note, this is a pretty shit piece of legislation and I'm not sure how one can defend it, but it will be entertaining to see people try.

Fucking awesome!!!!

Q: Why is Calfornia have earth quakes?
A: Because God created it that way

Q: Explain how a gene pool works and breeding
A: All you need is two of a given species because inbreeding is made up, based on Noah's flood example

Q: What does the New York State penal code say aobut stealing and its punishment?
A; You get to chop off the theirf's hadn, like it says in the bible.

I really hope some kids have a lot of fun with this and post it on the internet for us to enjoy

From the people that bitched about Common Core math

https://local12.com/news/local/ohio...rs-to-be-scientifically-wrong-due-to-religion

COLUMBUS, Ohio (WKRC) - Ohio lawmakers are weighing in on how public schools can teach things like evolution.

The Ohio House on Wednesday passed the "Student Religious Liberties Act." Under the law, students can't be penalized if their work is scientifically wrong as long as the reasoning is because of their religious beliefs.

Instead, students are graded on substance and relevance.

Every Republican in the House supported the bill. It now moves to the Republican-controlled Senate.

Probably shouldnt have listed the name of the bill if they wanted to believe thst bs story.

The bill, dubbed the "Ohio Student Religious Liberties Act of 2019," would require schools to:

‒ Give student religious groups the same access to school facilities for meetings and events as secular groups have.

‒ Lift bans limiting student expression of religion to lunch or non-instructional periods.

‒ Abolish any restrictions on students from engaging in religious expression in completion of homework, artwork or other assignments.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.di...religious-liberties-at-school?template=ampart

I think a lot of GOP state legislatures have gotten emboldened by Trump's nominations to the SCOTUS so now they're taking advantage and trying to pass laws they might've figured would've got shot down before if take to the highest court. That certainly seems to be the case with the wave of abortion bills, as for this not as sure if that's at play but that's what came to mind for me.

Or a lot of "news" sites realize fake news sells.

Stars do not emit light because God created light before stars.

Zombies exist for 3 days around easter.

This is a very Democrat answer you do what I say or I take your kids

So "mark the answer wrong" is equivalent to "take your kids"?

I can see how a guy like you would have benefited from lax rules on academic paper grading.

holy shit..

tenor.gif

This is a very Democrat answer you do what I say or I take your kids
Doesn't seem to be what I said.

Let me look again. Still nope.

But lying to children about this stuff is abuse.

Doesn't seem to be what I said.

Let me look again. Still nope.

But lying to children about this stuff is abuse.
Last line
You cool with child abuse
Nope
How do they handle that
Maybe a camp where you could educate them on what to do with their own money

Back