• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Oh so we're really all going to pretend Ian Garry won rounds 2 and 3?

Connection Lost

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Yeah that's fine I guess. Really surprised there were no threads on this already. We definitely watched the same fight, and sherdog usually notices when judges get it wrong. But for some reason I guess we're going to all agree to help promote this guy since that's what Dana wants. Whatever....

He’s an industry plant and the UFC’s last Irish meal ticket… there’s no way he’s losing a decision.

Their plants never seem to lose any close decisions.

We’ve all realized Garry isn’t a serious player at WW… he’s an Irish prop.

Yeah that's fine I guess. Really surprised there were no threads on this already. We definitely watched the same fight, and sherdog usually notices when judges get it wrong. But for some reason I guess we're going to all agree to help promote this guy since that's what Dana wants. Whatever....
3 yes, 2 can go to MVP but that heel hook was actually kinda dangerous purely from MVP doing the wrong thing.
MVP threw some great shots but too little and cost himself a winnable fight.
He throws 3 shots instead of single pot shots and he wins that fight. Garry was there to be hit all night, but MVP was happy to try and finish him with single shots and lost the fight.

I'm not sure I'm seeing this whole "Ian Garry is getting pushed" thing.

He climbed up the ranks like everyone. His last fight was Geoff Neil and before that he fought Neil Magny.

Colby was supposed to be next but Colby said no so MVP was actually the replacement fight and this fight does nothing for Garry in terms of rankings.

He's a loud mouth and people hate him. That's the only reason he's making any noise at all.

If anything Dana seems to like MVP more than Garry based off their interactions.

I think Garry is not a future champion. He has to fight a grappler with some wrestling now. Rest of the division above him can grapple. Maybe he can beat Burns because Burns is about to age out. Garry is a bit slow on his feet. He gets away with some defensive holes because he is so tall.

No one pretended Ian Garry won round 2.

Round 1 and 2 shouldn't be scored the same though.

I had picked MVP for the upset, he’s so tricky and fast on the feet. Gary is good on the ground but doesn’t have good take downs.

Good win for Ian, horrible fight for the fans.

Back