Oh my god watching Cody in the pocket is just maddening

Conor would’ve knocked his neck tats clean off

Obviously but that is why Conor gets tens of millions per fight, sometimes a hundred, and Cody is back to the prelims...

Cody is too emotional... trying to go for the finish way too early.

TJ was much more calm and crisp with his striking.

@PROlogic told u brah

Too many shots in one position.
What are you talking about

I CALLED EXACTLY what happened

I said that in reality TJ was the better boxer and that he had the advantage in boxing range

I talked about how Cody NEEDED TO STAY on the outside and control the fight with his footwork

And why did Cody lose? Because he got caught boxing in boxing range again

You were proven dead wrong. Go back and read my thread and everything I was ACTUALLY saying

In fact I may go bump my thread

It had nothing to do with anything you were saying

It was because TJ is simply the better actual boxer and his advantage - and why he won both fights, is because hes better in boxing range then Cody is

Cody had success in the first fight through staying on the outside and controlling/dictating with his footwork

Cody was absolutely stupid to take your approach and single shot from outside into boxing range (giving TJ the opportunity to counter) willingly taking himself into boxing range to box with TJ.

Cody needed to fight TJ how he fought Cruz. Stay outside. Don't engage. Control with fients and footwork AND then THROW combinations on his terms as they are forced to rush in on Cody as Cody denies their angles/step arounds etc with his steps and pivots

Cody can still beat TJ. He needs to do what he did in round 1 of their first fight for 5 rounds

Other wise, every time he gets emotional and tries to box with TJ, TJ's simply better in boxing range, better with counters, and much better with IQ/awareness/defensive responsibility in the pocket

Last edited:
The guy has a subpar chin, but he fights like he's John Lineker and has a granite chin. Head never moving off the centerline, hands low just slinging bombs. All offense, zero defense. You gotta have an elite chin to pull it off consistently without getting KTFO against top competition.

It's not "in the pocket"...Cody gets over zealous every time he thinks he has someone hurt.

When he has someone hurt or gets hurt himself, he throws caution out the window and gets burnt by a smarter fighter like TJ. I thought he learned he lesson but I was wrong. He can't seem to control his animal instincts to just rage through things.

What are you talking about

I CALLED EXACTLY what happened

I said that in reality TJ was the better boxer and that he had the advantage in boxing range

I talked about how Cody NEEDED TO STAY on the outside and control the fight with his footwork

And why did Cody lose? Because he got caught boxing in boxing range again

You were proven dead wrong. Go back and read my thread and everything I was ACTUALLY saying

In fact I may go bump my thread

It had nothing to do with anything you were saying

It was because TJ is simply the better actual boxer and his advantage - and why he won both fights, is because hes better in boxing range then Cody is

Cody had success in the first fight through staying on the outside and controlling/dictating with his footwork

Cody was absolutely stupid to take your approach and single shot from outside into boxing range (giving TJ the opportunity to counter) willingly taking himself into boxing range to box with TJ.

Cody needed to fight TJ how he fought Cruz. Stay outside. Don't engage. Control with fients and footwork AND then THROW combinations on his terms as they are forced to rush in on Cody as Cody denies their angles/step arounds etc with his steps and pivots

Cody can still beat TJ. He needs to do what he did in round 1 of their first fight for 5 rounds

Other wise, every time he gets emotional and tries to box with TJ, TJ's simply better in boxing range, better with counters, and much better with IQ/awareness/defensive responsibility in the pocket

Lol u said footwork and distance were the keys to the fight.

I said getting worked up and staying in the pocket too long to throw long combinations.

Why don’t u make a poll and ask people which one of those did him in?

I don't even like Cody but he is still a very good fighter. TJ is just better but no shame in that. Cody is still top 5.

Next title fight needs to be TJ vs Marlon. After that, maybe rubber match with Rafael. Nobody deserves it more than Rafael and Marlon right now. They are on great runs.

Yep, I said right after that Cody has shit for brains and I stand by that assessment. Talented and powerful but dumber than a bag of hammers.

Cody has a weak chin, he can't take it. He has that dear in the headlights look everytime he gets hit

But i swear to god it looked like the punch tj intially clipped him with landed when TJ threw the exact same hook 3 TIMES IN A ROW and fucking hit him with the last one while Cody stood in the pocket like a jabroni! LOL Just zero fighting iq

What are you talking about? Cody was playing his usual game and TJ read him brilliantly

Cody wasn't just standing in the pocket, he initiated the exchanges. TJ countered Cody 3x perfectly. Cody leads with his right or slaps his lead hook to center his opponents head and setup his right hand... every time TJ saw or felt Cody's hook & loaded right, TJ intercepted with his own right:

There are so many novice strikers in MMA who plod forward with predictable left, right, left, right sequences it was refreshing to see TJ triple up and surprise Cody.

Doubling / tripling attacks is top tier level striking rarely seen in MMA.

This was a sublime counter sequence by TJ.

This.

Its actually smart to throw with the same hand repeatedly at some point, it can really throw someone off.
If you have an opponent who can’t recognize a pattern or doesn’t know how to counter the same shot being thrown.

He fights retarded against tj. Hes usually way more technical.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back